Hello everyone, new commander here

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
Ohando
Shas'La

Hello everyone, new commander here

Post#1 » Nov 28 2016 05:27

Real first name: Vincent

Age and gender: 28 year old man sir.

How did you get into wargaming?
Well i don't remember. I first got into it in my teenage years, but got overwhelmed by the painting/assembly process. Now that i'm older (and hopefully wiser) i just realized that i could take the time to build an army that i'm proud of, and play games with friends or gamestore guys. I always loved long projects, strategy and theory crafting, and it hit me that warhammer is just all about that.

How did you get into Tau?
Well, i like their looks, i like their tactics (never was a melee guy). I also love the customization aspect of the army, especially for the crisis suit. Lore wise i feel it's the only faction that doesn't have a grim purpose, the only faction in the damn lore that bother to try diplomacy first for their survival. I know the ethereal cast is sketchy, but in the warhammer 40k universe, i feel they're the better choice.

What would be your second piece of advice (after "read the freakin' rules") to a new Tau player?
For what i understand, be prepared to be hated. Lots of my friends disregards the Tau empire as a coward's choice. I suggest to let them understand their mistakes with a nice breath of the fuming remains of their forces.

What is your Tau colour scheme?
Not painted yet! But i planned on a regal blue primary, with a bleached bone secondary (or their equivalents, i don't know yet the names of the new paints) and brown for the leathery parts.

How did you find this site/the old site, and how long have you been a member?
I googled things along the lines of "Tau color schemes" "exemple Tau lists" "good Tau units" "standard Tau formations" etc etc. Majority of the results came from this site, so i began lurking. I just joined yesterday, and i'm still trying to understand the etiquette here.

What are the origins of your ATT username?
Ohando was the name of my Tauren warrior on world of warcraft. It's supposed to be an indian name (i say supposed because i found it on a *BAD WORD DELETED!* "name your baby" site) meaning "angry one". Taught it was fitting for a warrior, and i liked the sound of it.

Have you reviewed the ATT Membership & Forum Rules?
i'm still reviewing it, don't want to be that guy.
edit: just finished it! i'll leave a tab open for the jargon guide, that's a lot of vocabulary.

Where and how often do you usually play?
Well i haven't played yet, but i plan on playing at the local gamestore, as none of my friends are in the hobby at the moment. At best i'll be able to play once a week once my army is done, but i'm sure it'll be less, because life.

Do you have any other armies, for 40K or another system?
When i was young my first army was a salamander force. Loved their color scheme, and they looked so cool!

What is your favourite and least favourite army to play against?
I really don't know, i'll update when i'll have some experience in the field.

What is your best and worst 40K moment?
Can't remember exactly from my youth, although i do remember a crushing defeat to an Iron warrior army, because my friend never applied penalties for his stolen basilisk. I got crushed.

What does/do your family/significant other/friends think about your 'funny toys'?
My girlfriend told me, and i quote: "that's nice, painting is cool, but you're not stocking them in the living room". So..there's that.

What are some of you other interests?
Music (played base in a band for about 5 years), video games, reading, rpgs, storytelling, news... I'm a curious guys, i pick passions easily.

Do you have any pets?
Nope.

What is your favourite band?
Oh boy. Errrr.... can i say two? It's hard to choose. i'd say "The Brian Jonestown Massacre" (check out "Take it from the man!" If you wand to have a first experience) and "Godspeed you!Black Emperor" (any of their albums, it's rock prog at its finest).

So that's about it, feel free to ask questions! I'm afraid i won't be able to give advices about tactics for now, as i'm the one needing them, but i'll try to keep you guys updated with the painting and battle reports when i play (always loved to write, but battle reports in english will be a challenge).

Also thanks for having this site, it's always nice to have a dedicated community for talking about strategy/theorycrafting.

See you!

Demorte
Gue'La

Re: Hello everyone, new commander here

Post#2 » Nov 28 2016 10:10

Welcome to ATT, Glad to have you standing with us!

Tael
Fio'O

Re: Hello everyone, new commander here

Post#3 » Nov 29 2016 04:21

Indeed, welcome aboard. Look forward to your modelling etc

Plenty of members on the forum whom can help on Rules questions. :)

Return to “Membership Profiles”