Re: Returning Old User

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
Paulson
Shas'Ui

Post#1 » Dec 05 2016 01:08

Sicne I've closed my website I'm updating my user name, it's just Paulson now. Here's a project I've been tinkering with recently.

Last edited by Paulson on Dec 08 2016 01:23, edited 2 times in total.

Ell'ran
Shas'Vre

Post#2 » Dec 05 2016 09:17

Welcome back Paulson, good to see you around again.

Demorte
Gue'La

Post#3 » Dec 05 2016 04:13

Great to see meet you paulson love the conversion! Where you get or how you make your jump packs?

Tael
Fio'O

Post#4 » Dec 08 2016 04:29

Hey man, welcome back aboard the Orbital. Elmo had a good idea to bump you back up to your prior rank - so that's in effect ;)

Look forward to your hobby content - could be good to liaise with AgentArrow for the 3D Fabrication team? :)

Paulson
Shas'Ui

Post#5 » Dec 08 2016 05:51

Thanks :) It's been so long since I'd created an account I didn't remember it took a promotion to post in some of the sub forums. I was like hmmm that's odd when I realized I couldn't post to the modeling forum, lol.

I'll probably be focusing future 3d efforts towards just making printable files instead of resin parts, that way it would allow people to use places like shapeways, maker space, or their own printers to print things. Producing the master parts and molds for resin is just too expensive and time consuming and it'd likely be much easier to just provide the 3d elements and let the users take care of things on their end.

Tael
Fio'O

Post#6 » Dec 09 2016 07:52

Pretty much how fellow Tau makers are going about it :)

Kael'yn
Fio'Ui

Post#7 » Dec 10 2016 05:12

Good to see you again, even if the account renewal was disturbing at first ...

Vespids need some model love rather than Tau count-as, but yours are very inspiring, like all your previous models.

Paulson wrote:Producing the master parts and molds for resin is just too expensive and time consuming and it'd likely be much easier to just provide the 3d elements and let the users take care of things on their end.

I came to the same conclusion: Optimizing 3D models to be cheaper to print was better to handle for me compared to all the casting + managing stocks + selling + advertising stuff I don't have time to spend.

The problems of 3D printing at the moment is the quality-price balance (even if it begins to be more and more interesting), but I think it could be more and more important in the future: when you compare limited edition plastic character models and 3D printed models of the same size, the price and quality are not so different.

Calmsword
Shas'Ui

Post#8 » Dec 10 2016 02:21

Paulson! Nice to see you on the forums again. The new jetpacks are fantastic as always.

On the aubject of 3d printing, what do you guys recommend for printing higher grade miniature level art/detail in terms of brand and material?
~Good Hunting

Paulson
Shas'Ui

Post#9 » Dec 12 2016 11:07

Shapeways prints can work for printing masters they just need a fair amount of clean up work and need to be sealed with primer before you try any recasting with them.

For companies that are offer a better quality print (also more expensive) you can try lightbeam 3d, moddler.com

Return to “Membership Profiles”