Overheal

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
Overheal
Shas'Saal

Overheal

Post#1 » Dec 28 2016 01:11

Real first name: Jon

Age and gender: 29 M

How did you get into wargaming?
Nerds did it to me. They brought some Tyranid miniatures to school to show themselves and I stepped in on that.

How did you get into Tau?
I always liked the Tau but the 3e models weren't pulling it in for me and their ability on the table was lacking/still being figured out. I left the game for a long while after 5e came out and I didn't get back in until I stumbled upon a Riptide kit at a local store and was going to just hobby it for the sake of the model. Thats when a new gaming store opened up and launched leagues, and well I went that direction.

What would be your second piece of advice (after "read the freakin' rules") to a new Tau player?
Don't stand still. The army used to suffer compared to other armies and now they can really exploit movement to do amazing things. Your opponent expects things in your army to stand still.

What is your Tau colour scheme?
Well I go to Clemson, so I went with an Orange/Purple scheme. Base is Naggaroth Night, Orange is Jokaero/Troll Slayer with very fine highlights of Fire Dragon Bright. Purple is Xereus and Genestealer Purple. Stealth/Shrouded units are primarily purple with blue/white false-lighting effects and green lenses, but some models in the army overall use red or blue lenses.

How did you find this site/the old site, and how long have you been a member?
I come across it on the googles often, I signed up because I was getting really bored at a PT job lately and want to talk shop.

What are the origins of your ATT username?
Long time ago. Playing Teamfortress Classic back in the 28.8k days, internet wasn't reliable at all. My PC actually spent most of its adult life off the grid. So I ran Bots, and created a big namelist as part of that. Overheal was one of the names, another was Overkill. I liked Overheal so it stuck. Then WoW comes along and turns it into a friggin' term all its own. I was despondent.

Have you reviewed the ATT Membership & Forum Rules?
Yes. That's what I'm supposed to say isn't it?

Where and how often do you usually play?
Not too often. In fact, most armies give me pause because most players are in it to steamroll and that's not my style. Me and my first group used to mostly make pretty balanced lists to the point where you were down to a model per side at the end of the game and both were bloodied up pretty fierce. Nowadays people are like 'how many loopholes can I exploit in this list?' So I spend much more time on the hobby than the wargaming.

Do you have any other armies, for 40K or another system?
I started Tyranids but they're all MIA aside from my first painted models, some Genestealers, and half a Biovore/Red Terror. I went to Eldar after that and played right up to the 5e codex came out which completely invalidated the army list I had played with, unmodified, for a year and 100 games: Avatar, 2 Wraithlords, Scorpions, Banshees, Warp Spiders, Dragons, a Wave Serpent a Falcon and troop tax. Started affording metal models to fill in for the proxies I was using for my aspect warriors, then they did that crap. I retired for the next 8 years...

What is your favourite and least favourite army to play against?
Oh I'd have to say Chaos/Necrons are my least favorite to play just because most of the time they are black blobs of bla with most color schemes, the high armor and the nasty attacks. My favorite is Orks. Ork players are always in relatively good spirits.

What is your best and worst 40K moment?
Well my worst was improperly ordering my shooting phase in a Maelstrom battle. I had him all but tabled but VP points were 1 point in his favor. I forgot to tag his last squad of boys with MLs for scour and they went to ground. They then proceeded to make a statistically high number of saves. I nearly flipped the table, but I was a tad tipsy at the time.

What does/do your family/significant other/friends think about your 'funny toys'?
My GF buys them for me. I've had my Mom do the same. My Dad is still confused about what it is and never showed an interest, even though he's clearly seen me painting them and stuff. He's just a jerk about it.

What are some of you other interests?
3D Printing, Computers, other Sci Fi like Dune, Firefly, this is a really open question. Do you want my soul? I want to hang on to my soul.

Do you have any pets?
Cats :)

What is your favourite band?
The visible light spectrum

Demorte
Gue'La

Re: Overheal

Post#2 » Dec 28 2016 11:27

Welcome to ATT glad to have you with us!

Return to “Membership Profiles”