Preston

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
Preston
Shas

Preston

Post#1 » Jan 16 2017 08:35

Real first name:
Preston

Age and gender:
24 / Male

How did you get into wargaming?
An acquaintance from school would rave about Warhammer 40,000 often, and I found it some years later through YouTube.

How did you get into Tau?
Who could reasonably resist the appeal of Communist Space Fish?

What would be your second piece of advice (after "read the freakin' rules") to a new Tau player?
Don't feel pressured to buy into the flavor of the month. In this brave new world of Formations and Deamon Primarchs, that which was excellent 6 months ago is no longer competitive. Exploration of the tactics and employment of the units and formations you most enjoy is more likely to carry you through those times where your army is less competitive, than the perpetual clamoring for this month's new and more powerful release for an army which you don't already own.

What is your Tau colour scheme?
Formerly Vior'la. I've since sold that army and intend to start a new Tau force of the N'dras Sept.

How did you find this site/the old site, and how long have you been a member?
I found this website again whilst Google searching alternative Tau tactics, as I grew tired of seeing Riptide Wings and Stormsurges aplenty. I believe I lurked the old website some time ago.

Have you reviewed the ATT Membership & Forum Rules?
Yes

Where and how often do you usually play?
On the dining room table approximately fortnightly.

Do you have any other armies, for 40K or another system?
Not at this time. I've recently sold my Space Wolves.

What is your favourite and least favourite army to play against?
For me it's not so much the army, but the kind of player the army attracts which determines my enjoyment of facing a given army. Typically I most enjoy playing against Ork players. I least enjoy playing against Eldar and Necron players.

What is your best and worst 40K moment?
My best (luckiest) Warhammer moment to date was an occasion where my Wolf Lord on Thunderwolf Mount defeated a Bloodthirster in single combat. My worst Warhammer moment was an occasion where I was alpha struck off the table by a Deathwatch Drop Pod Assault.

What does your significant other think about your 'funny toys'?
She complains about the expense, but agrees that it's probably better for me than substance dependence.

What are some of you other interests?
I enjoy Social Science and Theory, Politics, Mathematics and Music.

Do you have any pets?
Not at this time, however, I'm a dog person.

What is your favourite band?
Rise Against

Return to “Membership Profiles”