Rookie

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
tommyboy0329
Shas

Rookie

Post#1 » Jan 17 2017 04:26

Good Evening folks! The name is Thomas and I have a problem, I know nothing about WH40k game mechanics, lol

Complete rookie to 40k, but I have spent innumerable hours on the internet looking at all the races, looking at people's paint jobs and modeling work, trying to wrap my mind around the game and the universe...but a little bit about myself...

I am in the US Navy, currently stationed in Japan (so I am not likely to watch games outside of YouTube and I don't think anyone on base plays 40k), so my knowledge about game play is very limited...the first time I ever heard of WH40k was while deployed and I saw Book 1 of the Horus Heresy in the ships library, after reading it and downloading books 1-5 while in port, I was thoroughly hooked on the 40k Universe (I am still only on book 16 of 40+, Emperor Save Me)...Milestone #1 had been reached though...

#2 came when I purchased the BIG BOOK OF RULES set and tried my damnedest to understand how to play the game based off that book alone and I think a little part of my soul died at the end...without friends and/or a gaming scene to teach me the ropes, I don't see how anyone could learn to play from reading alone...but I am determined to learn this game, lol

#3 came with purchasing my first Codex (7th edition Dark Angels codex) and after reading that thing from cover to cover, more internet searches for models and armies, I was still on the fence, I love the history of that Legion and its models but I didn't feel it was for me...Space Marines are just...Space Marines...

Last week I made 2 big jumps, I purchased the iBook version of the Tau Codex with the army builder thing at the end and I purchased a Tau Commander XV8-05/6 model...I am officially declaring Tau as my faction of choice, lol, so now a flood of questions are floating around my head and I plan on abusing every ounce of knowledge that is on this Forum

I thank you all in advance for the immeasurable help you will likely provide...for the Greater Good!

tommyboy0329
Shas

REVISED PROFILE!

Post#2 » Jan 18 2017 12:26

Real first name: Thomas Hubbard

Age and gender: Male / 31

How did you get into war gaming? Stumbled on THE HORUS HERESY novels, started Googling WH40k

How did you get into Tau? I was 50/50 Dark Angels and Tau, bought the DA Codex, then bought the Tau Codex and my mind was made up from there

What would be your second piece of advice (after "read the freakin' rules") to a new Tau player?
Make LOTS of friends, power is in the numbers and knowledge is power

What is your Tau colour scheme? Urban Warfare...Dark Grey with Light Grey accents and highlights, Olive Drab/Hemp under suits and Vior'la red markings

How did you find this site/the old site, and how long have you been a member? Google...

What are the origins of your ATT username? Childhood nickname

Have you reviewed the ATT Membership & Forum Rules? Yes

Where and how often do you usually play? I haven't played yet, BRAND NEW to WH40k and Miniwargaming

Do you have any other armies, for 40K or another system? Nope

What is your favourite and least favourite army to play against? No idea yet

What is your best and worst 40K moment? Best...buying my first model...Worst...trying to understand the rule book, lol

What does/do your family/significant other/friends think about your 'funny toys'?Currently a secret hobby ;-)

What are some of you other interests? Scale Models, Building Props, Scuba Diving and Hiking

Do you have any pets? Do significant others count? :-p

What is your favourite band? Dropkick Murphy

Return to “Membership Profiles”