Dawn of War made me do it!

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
Meshuggah
Shas

Dawn of War made me do it!

Post#1 » Jan 19 2017 04:18

Hey everyone! I hate long walks down the beach unless there is a metal band jamming with dolphins shooting lasers to warm the universes largest steak and cheese burrito to heat up for my consumption. :D I used to manage a highly comedic metal band here in the US. Now i'm obsessing over this damn tabletop game so I can do something constructive while I binge watch my anime, sci fi, or other random shows. I am very immersed in psychology, philosophy, and analytics when i'm not making obscure and slapstick references to prove points. I'm the only Tau player in Houston, TX (i think) or at least it feels that way. Everyone i'll be playing against is ready to eat my lunch but i'm hoping to build my army and learn some strategies to force them into the Greater Good.

My obsession with Dawn of War led me down a path of meeting people who played the tabletop. I loved the Tau so I have taken the dive and bought the starter pack for Tau. I've already built almost everything in the box minus the XV8 Battlesuits and all the droids. I've never thought of myself as an artistic person, but the concept of customization of MY army is highly appealing. I'm looking to buy more as time goes on. I've got a good head start, but i'm ready to get as much as I can so I can start the actual playing of my army. I'll be doing some low point games to learn the rules for each team. I ask tons of questions until I get it, then I will share any knowledge I have with all of you. Can't wait to speak to all you awesome people. In Tau, we are strong.

Mirth
Shas'La

Re: Dawn of War made me do it!

Post#2 » Jan 19 2017 05:38

Meshuggah, welcome to ATT! I hope you enjoy it here. :)

As far as questions are concerned, ask away! There are loads of friendly people and lots of great things to learn here on the site. :D

So the first question (which certainly doesn't have a hard-and-fast answer) is simply, what style of Tau playing interests you? Are you more of a "hey, this looks fun so I'll make it work" player, or one who wants to field the very best we Tau have at our disposal?

Happy gaming! :)
When we forget we are soldiers, we stop fighting.

Meshuggah
Shas

Post#3 » Jan 20 2017 10:49

Thank you! So far, this might be the most constructive forum I have come across in a very long time. I get the feeling i'll be enjoying my time here.

I'm will say i'm looking for the very best strategies and counter strategies that are available. I never play a game without knowing the counters to others strategies or at least having enough knowledge about my army to make on the spot adjustments. To me, what drives the action and what outcome will it have is a must have before I start playing and then beyond. I need experience of course and i'll have to get accustomed to the game. I just don't want something cookie cutter to be the only thing I learn. If I learn anything that I believe my brethren here haven't learned, i'll share for sure.

Demorte
Gue'La

Post#4 » Jan 20 2017 02:28

Welcome to ATT DoW got me into this too.

Return to “Membership Profiles”