TwilightFox

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
TwilightFox
Shas'Saal

TwilightFox

Post#1 » Feb 13 2017 09:19

Real first name: Jacob

Age and gender: I am a 30-year-old male.

Occupation: I’m the Fuel Department Manager and Assistant Scanning Coordinator at a Retail Grocery Store. I run the gas station off to the side of the store and help coordinate price changes when needed.

How did you get into wargaming?
A friend and I were both fairly active Pathfinder players, so we spent a lot of time at our Friendly Local Game Store. We had been intrigued by the Warhammer players that played games while we were there. Watching led to asking questions; asking questions led to looking at armies; looking at armies led to going halves on a Dark Vengence box set. He chose Chaos, and I chose Dark Angels.

How did you get into Tau? Early on, as I was learning the game with my Dark Angels army, one of the frequent critiques I got from more seasoned players was that I was trying to play the army “too shooty.” The owner of the shop (a highly knowledgeable player) showed me the Tau Codex, explaining that the Tau might be something I’d be interested in. I stuck with my Angels, but I always said that if I ever started a second army it’d have to be the Tau. Imagine my surprise when, two years later, a friend presented me with the Tau Start Collecting set as a wedding present! The same friend who went halves on the Dark Vengence set no less!

What is your Tau colour scheme?
I am still working on developing my skill as a painter, and I am determined to do a good job painting my first Tau models, so they are all still unpainted at this time. I have decided, however, that my main color will be purple, with a sept color of orange.

How did you find this site/the old site, and how long have you been a member?
Believe it or not, I found ATT through a simple google search as I was looking for tips and tricks on Tau army building. I was absolutely thrilled that I found an entire community dedicated to all things Tau. At this time, I am a brand new member.

What are the origins of your ATT username?
Foxes have been a common theme in my gamertags for several years now, as the North American Red Fox is my favorite animal. The “Twilight” element comes from my favorite mane* character from a recent, highly popular animated television series with an extremely diverse and unexpected fanbase.
*Note: That is not a typo. /)

Have you reviewed the ATT Membership & Forum Rules?
I have read the rules, and I find them to be a refreshing change of pace from the more “common” rules and regulations of internet communities. Hats off to the administrators.

Where and how often do you usually play?
I generally play games at the local game store in my area. I haven’t played regularly in quite some time, but I intend to start back again soon. The local shop hosts monthly tournaments, and friendly games happen whenever anyone wants to play.

Do you have any other armies, for 40K or another system?
I have a rather large, if infantry-heavy, collection of Dark Angels. I started with the Dark Vengence set and have acquired more over time through retail purchases and good old fashioned trading. I also have a sizeable collection of Pathfinder and Dungeons and Dragons v3.5 books, but no miniatures for those systems.

What is your best and worst 40K moment?
My best moment, by far, would have to come from one of our local tournaments. My Dark Angels Dev Squad took down a Gray Knights Landraider in one shooting phase with a hail of grav cannon fire. Coincidentally, my worst moment came from the same tournament. I was tabled by an army of Space Wolves on turn three.

What does/do your family/significant other/friends think about your 'funny toys'?
My wife is very supportive of my hobby. She even brings me snacks and caffeine during the local tournaments. I’m lucky to have her. <3

What are some of your other interests?
I am a loyal and dedicated Imperial commander in the Online Space Sim, Elite Dangerous. I also participate in an educational organization dedicated to researching and recreating the European Middle Ages known as the Society of Creative Anachronism.
TwilightFox's Profile (Link)
TwilightFox's Tau Army (Link)

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Re: TwilightFox

Post#2 » Feb 14 2017 02:56

Welcome to the forums TwilightFox :D

A good friend of mine is Captain of the Euro Martial Arts NZ Team, had some great discussions over period reenactment groups. Impressive stuff.

I used have games over at a friends house years back where his wife merrily catered to the lads engaged in war. Then it dawned on me, I was getting the stronger mixers haha. There's some support right there for her man :D

See you about the forums!
- Tael.

Return to “Membership Profiles”