Hi All of my fellow warriors

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
FrogPrince
Shas'Saal

Hi All of my fellow warriors

Post#1 » Feb 25 2017 03:14

Real first name: Jamie

Age and gender: 34 M

How did you get into wargaming?
My best mate asked me to give it a go to help him get back into regular gaming.

How did you get into Tau?
I always play long range shooters in computer games etc and Tau matched that natural style, plus I love mechs.

What would be your second piece of advice (after "read the freakin' rules") to a new Tau player?
Paint it however you want

What is your Tau colour scheme?
Basing mine from various NFL teams

How did you find this site/the old site, and how long have you been a member?
Found it a month ago and signed up 2mind ago.

What are the origins of your ATT username?
It is my tattoo

Have you reviewed the ATT Membership & Forum Rules?
Yes

Where and how often do you usually play?
Only played twice so far

Do you have any other armies, for 40K or another system?
Nope

What is your favourite and least favourite army to play against?
Only played Orks so far and beaten, closely, both times so can only say Orks for most and least favourite lol

What is your best and worst 40K moment?
Best is finishing the painting of a new unit, the worst is losing to my mate's Orks.

What does/do your family/significant other/friends think about your 'funny toys'?
My girlfriend humours me

What are some of you other interests?
I love MotoGP, NFL and comics.

Do you have any pets?
Nope

Ka'Buki
Shas'Saal

Re: Hi All of my fellow warriors

Post#2 » Feb 25 2017 10:25

How's it going fellow 40k newbie! Just started the game myself, glad to see this board is still pretty active though it was created years ago.

Welcome!

FrogPrince
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Feb 27 2017 03:23

Thanks, I have only been doing this a couple of months too, so everything is a learning process - the rules, the units, the tactics - great fun learning it all though.

Slowly building and painting at the moment, then gaming what I have built, so only low points battles.
Last edited by FrogPrince on Feb 28 2017 02:08, edited 1 time in total.

Ka'Buki
Shas'Saal

Post#4 » Feb 27 2017 08:18

Same. I've been using the mantra "One cannot field an army if one hasn't painted it." because if I don't hold myself to that, I'll never finish painting regardless of how much I love doing it.

I suggest getting the battlescribe app for your phone, and checking out this page: https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,0 ... ics/Tau(7E)

Just for some ideas on how a tau force can be built. The idea is synergy, without being reliant on one thing that if killed, dismantled your whole force on the field. Don't necessarily follow that to the T, but use it as a guide for why the formations are the way they are.

Also that site explains stuff in a funny but accurate way.

All of that,plus watching youtube videos and running small games with a buddy really helped me grip how this game works.

Prophet224
Shas'Saal

Post#5 » Feb 27 2017 11:38

Hi fellow new people! Epicroster.com also seems to work well for most units (not Forgeworld), as does http://cmdctr.net.

Hope to see you both out on the boards!

FrogPrince
Shas'Saal

Post#6 » Feb 28 2017 02:14

Thanks, I'll take a look at this.

Agree with the painting and gaming, I try do at least two hours each day I'm not working a late shift during the week. Then at the weekend I do as much as possible around everything else.

I've finished 3 crisis battlesuits in a miami dolphins theme and 6 stealth suits with a ghostkeel in a new orleans Saints theme.

Got to start my strike team but not sure if I will go Chicago bears or denver broncos for them yet.

Ka'Buki wrote:Same. I've been using the mantra "One cannot field an army if one hasn't painted it." because if I don't hold myself to that, I'll never finish painting regardless of how much I love doing it.

I suggest getting the battlescribe app for your phone, and checking out this page: https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,0 ... ics/Tau(7E)

Just for some ideas on how a tau force can be built. The idea is synergy, without being reliant on one thing that if killed, dismantled your whole force on the field. Don't necessarily follow that to the T, but use it as a guide for why the formations are the way they are.

Also that site explains stuff in a funny but accurate way.

All of that,plus watching youtube videos and running small games with a buddy really helped me grip how this game works.

Ka'Buki
Shas'Saal

Post#7 » Feb 28 2017 01:26

That's a rad idea! Being from Detroit I'm going to warn against doing a Lions theme, lest you constantly lose that unit every Thaanksgiving. :D

FrogPrince
Shas'Saal

Post#8 » Feb 28 2017 04:13

That made me laugh more than it should have!

I will be doing all infantry in the orange Sept colour, all stealth units will be yellow/gold Sept, all large battle suits will be Red Sept colour and rapid vehicles will be a green Sept colour. Oh and commanders/Ethereal/characters will be a white Sept colour.

The rest of the uniforms will be based off a NFL team. I don't have the Lions assigned to any of my units yet, sorry.

Ka'Buki wrote:That's a rad idea! Being from Detroit I'm going to warn against doing a Lions theme, lest you constantly lose that unit every Thaanksgiving. :D

Ka'Buki
Shas'Saal

Post#9 » Feb 28 2017 10:16

Right on. Can't wait to see the progress!

Return to “Membership Profiles”