Mekstar

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
Mekstar
Shas'Saal

Mekstar

Post#1 » Feb 28 2017 04:38

Real first name:
Dan
Age and gender:
25 Male
Civil servent
How did you get into wargaming?
Way back when I was approximately 10 years old, a boy in my class brought in a squad of space marines and I was instantly fascinated. The rest is history!

How did you get into Tau?
With the release of the kill team boxed game in 2016, I split the cost with a friend to get him into the hobby, since then delving Ito the lore and now I'm all for the greater good!

What would be your second piece of advice (after "read the freakin' rules") to a new Tau player?
To a new Tau player, as opposed to a new 40k player. I would say the power in this army is definitely the various special and unique rules available, pick the units/formations/list style you want read and re-read all the rules until you have a clear understanding. Perhaps make a glossary sheet to use in game.

What is your Tau colour scheme?
Reds/grays (Farsight enclaves)

How did you find this site/the old site, and how long have you been a member?
Few months ago I found a topic on naming conventions for different XV8 configurations, since then I have been browsing as a guest and I'm incredibly impressed by the feel of the community an the wealth of knowledge available on this site. I'm looking forward to becoming part of the community (if you'll have me) and taking part in discussions/receiving advice from all

What are the origins of your ATT username?
Nickname that stuck!

Have you reviewed the ATT Membership & Forum Rules?
Yes, very concise and set out well!

Where and how often do you usually play?
Once per month currently, at a friends house.

Do you have any other armies, for 40K or another system?
Currently, Necrons, Iron hands, imperial Knights, Skitarii.
Previously, Orks and Deathwing.

What is your favourite and least favourite army to play against?
Eldar for both really as it's the army I've played least against, so I always learn something from my games, but unsure how to counter units!

What is your best and worst 40K moment?
Best - Playing an all day apocalypse event in my local GW, with lots of other players and approximately 20,000 points aside
Worst - accidentally cheating my friends by miscalculating my list..

What does/do your family/significant other/friends think about your 'funny toys'?
Mostly baffled by the cost

What are some of your other interests?
Drawing, Xbox, Family life

What is your favourite band?
So many, but Korn probably

What a fun questionnaire and great ice breaker! Thanks for reading and I hope you all roll sixes!

Tael
Fio'O

Re: Mekstar

Post#2 » Mar 05 2017 04:11

Welcome to the Orbital, the new Kill Team boxes really helped a lot of folks kick off new collections. Look forward to your showcases about the forums :)

- Tael.

Return to “Membership Profiles”