Greetings, fellow Tau!

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
theclockworkjedi
Shas'Saal

Greetings, fellow Tau!

Post#1 » Mar 23 2017 03:44

I'm Tom, and I'm still new to 40k, but I'm thoroughly enjoying it so far!

Age and gender:
22, male

Design student and Bartender.

How did you get into wargaming?
I've always enjoyed making models and playing board games, so when some friends started to pick up the game, I jumped at the chance.

How did you get into Tau?
The freaking guns, man. :fear: Also, I enjoy the idea of a high tech space communism, beating down the oppressive yokes of despotism, although ironically.

What would be your second piece of advice (after "read the freakin' rules") to a new Tau player?
Move them suits. Mobility is fun.

What is your Tau colour scheme?
Orange, White and Dark Grey, with a hint of gunmetal.

How did you find this site/the old site, and how long have you been a member?
I found it after seeing some incredible builds, and one day I'll do the very same.

What are the origins of your ATT username?
Used to be a huge Star Wars fan and now it isn't quite grimdark enough.

Have you reviewed the ATT Membership & Forum Rules?
Oh aye.

Where and how often do you usually play?
Twice a week, at a friends and in my living room.

Do you have any other armies, for 40K or another system?
Nope, poor student can't afford more than one at a time.

What is your favourite and least favourite army to play against?
I love playing against space marines. Maneuvering breacher teams close, is a challenge, but gosh, it's satisfying.
And I dislike Tyranids. Too much to shoot!

What is your best and worst 40K moment?
Best was playing against Space marines. My broadside had just one hit the opponent's razorback, which then exploded. One squad of AM charged at my battlesuits, but I moved two Breacher teams nice and close and wiped out the rest of his units in the wreckage of the Razorback. Game on the second turn.
The worst moment? Haven't played enough yet for a brutal defeat, but I'm sure it's coming. Tyranids have been a bane of my life, however.

What does/do your family/significant other/friends think about your 'funny toys'?
They don't know yet, I live by myself. ;)

What are some of you other interests?
3D Printing, drawing and being a weekend warrior.

Do you have any pets?
Oh gosh, I wish.

What is your favourite band?
Moderat, I'm a bit of a fanboy.

Hoping to get involved with this forum more, you guys know far more about this game than me, and I'm hoping it's gunna rub off.

Cheers!

Mirth
Shas'La
Shas'La

Re: Greetings, fellow Tau!

Post#2 » Mar 24 2017 12:29

Theclockworkjedi, Welcome to ATT! :)

It was the original Broadside model that got me into Tau, so I hear ya on the big guns. For those pesky 'Nids, best thing I can recommend is more templates. ;) Or Ghostkeels. A full squad of Ghostkeels with Ion Rakers makes 'Nids cry.
When we forget we are soldiers, we stop fighting.

theclockworkjedi
Shas'Saal

Re: Greetings, fellow Tau!

Post#3 » Mar 28 2017 11:05

Mirth wrote:Theclockworkjedi, Welcome to ATT! :)

It was the original Broadside model that got me into Tau, so I hear ya on the big guns. For those pesky 'Nids, best thing I can recommend is more templates. ;) Or Ghostkeels. A full squad of Ghostkeels with Ion Rakers makes 'Nids cry.

The new Broadside with the underslung railgun is pretty sweet too! Yeah, I'm looking at investing in a Ghostkeel soon. Can't afford it just yet, but it's giving me time to finish painting all my fire warriors and drones :D

Return to “Membership Profiles”