For the sake of Ultimate Hope!

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
Nagito Komaeda
Shas'Saal

For the sake of Ultimate Hope!

Post#1 » Mar 24 2017 10:13

Hey ATT! As a new member here, I feel like I need to introduce myself, so here I go. :D

Real first name: Lucas

Age and gender: 15 year old male.

How did you get into wargaming? Walked into a GW for the first time in Amsterdam and I immediatly fell in love with it! I was, at the time, hanging between Age of Sigmar and 40k, but a friend of mine turned out to be a huge Warhammer 40k fan and player himself. He got me into this, where after I bought Dark Vengeance with another friend of mine, with said friend taking Dark Angels. After playing with the CSM, I realized I did not like them one bit, from models to playstyle.

How did you get into Tau? My Warhammer playing friend told me about every race and how they had a certain ring to them. When he said that the Tau were the Space Communists, I immediatly fell in love with them. Looking at their models, I immediatly liked the clean, yet outstanding armour they possess, and I knew I really wanted them after seeing that.

What would be your second piece of advice (after "read the freakin' rules") to a new Tau player? You are possibly one of the most annoying races with your range and effects. If you're playing friendly, make sure you play a list that your opponent can enjoy playing against. It might seem weird, but setting up a list with certain weaknesses gives you the experience to work around those weaknesses eventually.

What is your Tau colour scheme? Black & Blue for the armour plates, Leadbelcher for mechanical parts, Balthasar Gold for insignia's etc and purple for lenses.

How did you find this site/the old site, and how long have you been a member? The friend who initially introduced me into Wh40k told me about this site and that I should read through it.

What are the origins of your ATT username? Nagito Komaeda is one of the students from the Danganronpa series, coming into play in Danganronpa 2. In this game, one "Ultimate" student, with a certain talent for something, kills another student for a certain motive. After the murder, the other students, including the killer, proceed in a class trial to unmask said killer. Nagito is the Ultimate Lucky Student in this case, and I fell in love with him really quickly.

Have you reviewed the ATT Membership & Forum Rules? I have.

Where and how often do you usually play? I often play with friends, around 4 times a month.

Do you have any other armies, for 40K or another system? Nope.

What is your favourite and least favourite army to play against? I like playing against Dark Angels, but they're also my worst enemy.

What is your best and worst 40K moment? I have yet to experience a best and worst moment.

What does/do your family/significant other/friends think about your 'funny toys'? My sister calls it a nerd game, but I really don't mind. If others hate you for it, why do you go in on them talking about Warhammer? It only hurts you more than you hurt them with it.

What are some of you other interests? Playing the piano, listening to music, gaming.

Do you have any pets? I have one pupper and three birds.

What is your favourite band? Not really a specific fave.

So there ya go! Thanks for reading my post!

- Nagito Komaeda
Remember, it's all for the sake of Ultimate Hope!

Mirth
Shas'La
Shas'La

Re: For the sake of Ultimate Hope!

Post#2 » Mar 24 2017 12:22

Welcome to ATT, Nagito Komaeda. :)

A fellow pianist! Very nice, what's your favorite piece at the moment? Best of luck to you in stomping the Dark Angels, may the plasma be with you. ;)
When we forget we are soldiers, we stop fighting.

Nagito Komaeda
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Mar 24 2017 01:20

Thank you, Mirth!

At this moment, my favorite piece would be a Ludovico Einaudi-esque cover for Grenade. However, if I were more skilled, I would love to play Jhin's theme from League of Legends, since I found a transcription for it.

And for the Dark Angels, I might have a little plan against him. He might not like it, but it's gonna be fun for the both of us.

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#4 » Mar 25 2017 05:11

Indeed welcome, look forward to seeing you about the forums :)

Nagito Komaeda
Shas'Saal

Post#5 » Mar 25 2017 10:17

My sincerest thanks, Tael!

Mirth
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#6 » Mar 25 2017 11:38

Ooh, Jhin's theme, that's fun. I've been looking for a more challenging rendition of Summoner's Call for a while now, still looking. Lots of pretty music in League. :)

Excellent! Best of luck to you in your endeavors against the DA! ;)
When we forget we are soldiers, we stop fighting.

Nagito Komaeda
Shas'Saal

Post#7 » Mar 25 2017 06:28

Again, thank you for your nice comment, Mirth!

Summoner's Call, huh. Seems all kinds of styles are loved here!
Jhin just has something to him that makes me able to listen to it for hours and hours.

Return to “Membership Profiles”