Sa'cea B'an'ter

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
Sa'cea B'an'ter
Shas

Sa'cea B'an'ter

Post#1 » Mar 26 2017 03:41

Well hey there! I'm new to the ATT forums as a member, but I've been visiting for a while to pick up a few points on lists and whatnot.
So let's kick this off by doing this here profile thing;

Real first name: Liam

Age and gender: 18 year old male

Studying for the HSC, it's kinda like that cold feeling as the shadow of a Stormsurge suddenly looms over you.

How did you get into wargaming?
I've always been interested in strategy stuff, but I owe my entrance into 40k to a good friend who told me about the lore, which had me interested in the game e'er since.

How did you get into Tau?
I liked the idea of a race that wasn't all chainswords and cameos of the Schwerer Gustav on anything that has tracks (Don't get me wrong, that stuff is AWESOME), and the idea of Eldar or Necrons seemed a bit "eh", so when the Greater Good showed up on my doorstep, I jumped right in.

What would be your second piece of advice (after "read the freakin' rules") to a new Tau player?
Introduce everyone you know to a Skitarii player, so you're only the second most hated person in the store.

What is your Tau colour scheme?
I've always liked dark, earthy schemes punctuated by streaks of neon colour, but I'm happy to mix it in between squads.

How did you find this site/the old site, and how long have you been a member?
Found this site looking up XV8 conversions and Kill Team fluff, and by the looks o' things I came to the right place.

What are the origins of your ATT username?
Banter

Have you reviewed the ATT Membership & Forum Rules?
That I have, had a bit o' trouble workin' around the signature at first but I did as Tau do and overcame.

Where and how often do you usually play?
I play on a weekly basis at my local store.

Do you have any other armies, for 40K or another system?
Not as of yet.

What is your favourite and least favourite army to play against?
Skitarii are by far my least favourite, but I do enjoy a good game (No matter how one sided). AAAND
'Nids, their notorious melee focus armies fall before the line infantry formations of the Tau, blasted apart by withering hails of supporting fire and suit weaponry.

What is your best and worst 40K moment?
Best; Killing a Deathwatch Captain equipped with Artificer Armour and a Xenophase Blade using an XV8 Commander in melee combat armed with nothing but his fists (You read correctly).
Worst; My Ethereal being sniped across the map by a Necron Doomsday Arc in turn 1. It was pointedly one-sided after that.

What does/do your family/significant other/friends think about your 'funny toys'?
"He's become a monster."

What are some of you other interests?
Writing stray bits of fluff, making pixel art, staring numbly into the Void.

Do you have any pets?
Two cats, one dog.

What is your favourite band?
I'll elect a top 5;
Pink Floyd, Jeff Buckley, Metallica, Black Sabbath, and Korpiklaani

Whoo, now that that's done, I'm gonna trawl the site bits I couldn't get at before.

Farsight ftw. :D
"I highlight your weakness with MARKERLIGHT."

Return to “Membership Profiles”