Tau, following a hiatus

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
ChazzAtron
Shas'Saal

Tau, following a hiatus

Post#1 » Mar 28 2017 06:06

How did you get into wargaming? Had some friends start playing 40k back in 5th edition, so I joined in.

How did you get into Tau? A friend started playing them back when I played 5th edition; when I started back up in 7th I was looking for a decent army with a lower model count and that I thought would be easier to paint. See also "The Greater Good".

What would be your second piece of advice (after "read the freakin' rules") to a new Tau player? Since I am one... it seems to be about playing to Tau strengths, specifically against what enemy they're fighting. Sometimes you needs lots of pew, others you need high strength pew.

What is your Tau colour scheme? Still working on the painting part, probably blue/yellow or blue/gold. And some Farsight. And... whatever they were painted when I bought them of ebay :crafty:

How did you find this site/the old site, and how long have you been a member? Just joined, found it searching for Tau tactics on google.

Have you reviewed the ATT Membership & Forum Rules? Yes.

Where and how often do you usually play? Twice since I started back up, but only on Vassal so far.

Do you have any other armies, for 40K or another system? Previously in 5th edition, I tried Tyranids but hated how they just died all the time. Mostly I played Chaos Space Marines; they died slightly less. And the only time I soundly beat one of my friends was when he was playing Tau - he didn't expect 20 man squads of basic CSMs. I also powerfisted one of his Hammerheads in a Death or Glory. Then when I stopped playing, gave him all my stuff.

What is your favourite and least favourite army to play against? Least - In 5th edition it was Guard, and Blood Angels. In 7th, I've only played against Necrons, GKs, and Eldar. Out of those experiences, it's tough to say because they were small games. I sorta smashed the Eldar (mostly dice) but was annoyed by Necrons and GKs.

What is your best and worst 40K moment? Worst - basically any game that was lost due to dice, on either side.

What does/do your family/significant other/friends think about your 'funny toys'? Jealousy that I found a hobby. I don't tell her how much it costs though. ;)

What are some of you other interests? RPGs.

Do you have any pets? A very fat cat that is bigger than the dog.
With great mustache comes great responsibility

Return to “Membership Profiles”