On and off player for 10+ years

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
Resist0r
Shas

On and off player for 10+ years

Post#1 » Mar 30 2017 01:06

Hello ATT! My name is John I live in the Western US, I started playing 40k in high school. I started out playing Chaos Space Marines (Iron Warriors) in 2003. I currently have 2 Armies, Tau (of course :P ) and Space Wolves. My favorite parts of the hobby are the story, painting, modeling, and I love campaigns. I don't get much time to play these days, and most of my friends don't play anymore, so I write a lot. lol
Last edited by Resist0r on Mar 30 2017 05:07, edited 2 times in total.

TauMan
Shas'Ui

Re: On and off player for 10+ years

Post#2 » Mar 30 2017 01:13

Resist0r, hello there from the mid-west! Any chance we'll see your armies posted here on the forum?

TauMan
8th Edition is here: Keep Calm and Carry On!
N.Y.A.B.X.T.T.

Resist0r
Shas

Post#3 » Mar 30 2017 02:22

Oh yeah! I'm on mobile 90 percent of the time so as soon as i learn to post pictures, it seems I need to host them somewhere :D

Resist0r
Shas

Post#4 » Mar 30 2017 07:38

Real first name: John

Age and gender: 31 Male

How did you get into wargaming? Learned about it while at a Magic: the Gathering tournament, and got hooked on the models.

How did you get into Tau? Always wanted to play Tau, loved the battlesuits. After I was happy with my Space Wolves I got the new Tau Codex and bought my friends small tau collection and started adding to it.

What would be your second piece of advice (after "read the freakin' rules") to a new Tau player? Marker drones, learn to love the little things.

What is your Tau colour scheme? Celestra Grey with Sotek Green to represent the Zendy'kar Alliance!

How did you find this site/the old site, and how long have you been a member? I followed the Space Wolves blog and and saw this site referenced in the comments once. Checked it out, decided to finally make a profile.

What are the origins of your ATT username? It goes back to when i was learning wiring from arduino kits, I also got a free tattoo that was no bigger than an inch. While wondering what to get my wife was looking at my hand book and said that I was a resistor. So I got a symbol for a resistor tattooed on my ankle. Been attached to it as a handle or screen name since.

Have you reviewed the ATT Membership & Forum Rules? I have :D

Where and how often do you usually play? At home, and one or twice a month.

Do you have any other armies, for 40K or another system? I have Space Wolves!

What is your favourite and least favourite army to play against? Favorite to to fight, Space Wolves , least favorite, Space Wolves. lol I haven't played against another army yet lol

What is your best and worst 40K moment? Best, when I tear up transports and decimate foot sloggers. Worst, getting assaulted by thunder wolves.

What does/do your family/significant other/friends think about your 'funny toys'? They love my painting results and hateall the weird things I bring home to make into terrain.

What are some of you other interests? Magic: The Gathering, Rogue Trader RPG, World of Darkness RPG, Music, and writing games and stories.

Do you have any pets? 4 Dogs! Lol

What is your favourite band? Doomtree!

Return to “Membership Profiles”