MKJump - Profile

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
MKJump
Shas'Saal

MKJump - Profile

Post#1 » Apr 02 2017 03:02

Real first name: Mark "MK"

How did you get into wargaming?
I'm originally a Yu-Gi-Oh! player and have always had an interest in table top games. Warhammer 40k was something I'd tried in the past with Blood Angels but I've decided to get back into it now I have a decent income. I've always liked tau and after doing my research I liked them even more!

How did you get into Tau?
Long range fire, gun lines, mech-like jetpack units, drones, drones, drones... what's not to love?

What would be your second piece of advice (after "read the freakin' rules") to a new Tau player?
Build your army over time with advice from others and your own research. Impulse purchases and poor decisions will hurt in the long run.

What is your Tau colour scheme?
Shas'ui or lower: Blue with Yellow and White patterning that vary in intensity depending on unit rank.
Vehicles and Shas'vre or above: Black with a light blue glow, accented by blue and yellow patterning.

Where and how often do you usually play?
I live in Liverpool and Leeds so play around in both cities. However, I only restarted playing recently so my army is still in its planning stages so competitive play isn't an option until I have built and painted the finally decided upon force.

What is your best and worst 40K moment?
BEST - Deciding to play Tau. I friggin' love these guys!
WORST - I spent lots of money on Blood Angels... then decided I didn't like them. :-(
Last edited by MKJump on Apr 21 2017 06:39, edited 3 times in total.

Blueshock
Shas'Vre

Re: MKJump - Profile

Post#2 » Apr 06 2017 04:20

Hi MKJump,

First off, I'd like to be the first to welcome you aboard the community here at ATT. We're a pretty diverse group and all share different interests in the game but we do all have a love for Tau in common.

I want to see what your scheme looks like and am excited to see more fresh blood among the ranks.

I have to admit I'm a little sad that your first choice was Blood Angels as I'm a pretty big hater of marines (minus space pups, and my beloved Grey Knights) and Blood angels and White Scars are probably the 2 Chapters I like the least. *rant mode on* It was insane how many people were obsessed with them upon their re-release back in 5th. They have fallen off a cliff since 6th and people have been dumping their BA armies faster than Orks players. They seemed to be the flavor of the week back in 5th and thus my hatred for them began. I've played Tau since 3rd and had to go through the hardships of being one of the weakest armies in the game until 5th rolled around. Then Riptides came and bam! Now were top 3 on a regular basis. Then Stormsurge and Bam! Now we're a cheese army. Sorry Marine players that you've been a top dog since the game started and now your middle of the road. Oh but wait...GW gives you Angels of Death and Bam! Now your a top tier army again...but thats not good enough so let's complain some more about how Eldar and Tau are overpowered. *rant mode off*

Anyway I'm glad you chose to leave the darkside and join the rebellion. It suits you :P

Anyway it's great to have you aboard my friend and I can't wait to see what you have to share with your peers amongst to Orbital. Get to painting!
My T'au Army

~My Life for the Empire~

MKJump
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Apr 10 2017 10:58

Yeah, I hate how cliché marines are. So glad I switched to Tau. However, I'm worried about how much to invest considering 8th edition is on the horizon.

Should be a fun time talking idea and stuff with you guys!

Panzer
Shas'La

Post#4 » Apr 10 2017 11:11

That rant though. :D
My first pick was Blood Angels as well but the current codex is very bland so I switched. However with Angels Blade I picked them up again. There are some nice formations which make BA so much more fun to play now. :P

Return to “Membership Profiles”