Oops. Thought I did this in 2013 :D

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
Diggah
Shas

Oops. Thought I did this in 2013 :D

Post#1 » Apr 02 2017 09:24

Real first name: Ben

Age and gender: 39 male

How did you get into wargaming? Ohh Heroquest back in 1988 I think. Something like that anyway.

How did you get into Tau? Dabbled in Tau several times over the years. Keep coming back to the art style.

What would be your second piece of advice (after "read the freakin' rules") to a new Tau player? Never sell your models when you get bored. You'll always regret it.

What is your Tau colour scheme? Dark stone armour, khaki undertone with orange markings

How did you find this site/the old site, and how long have you been a member? Joined 2013 to view some articles I suspect. Only just realised I'd not done this. Ooops.

What are the origins of your ATT username? Given to me back in 1998 when I worked for GW York. I was doing my BSc Archaeology at the time and Gorkamorka was the in thing. They found it funny to call me digga. I added the 'h' a few years later after some kid whined at me for taking his nickname on an IRC channel.

Have you reviewed the ATT Membership & Forum Rules? I sure have

Where and how often do you usually play? Very rarely these days. Being a father and an archaeological researcher doesn't give me a lot of spare time, so its mostly building and painting for now. Hope to get back into things when 8th ed comes about.

Do you have any other armies, for 40K or another system? Crimson Fists for 40K, a whole range of different bits and systems as well.

What is your favourite and least favourite army to play against? Necrons were a challenge in 6th ed but fun. I dislike any chaos army but thats mostly cos everyone I've met who likes Chaos is a bit of a loon.

What is your best and worst 40K moment? Rogue Trader back in the early 90s at the local GW store. Forgetting to move a unit of SM bikers and getting them wiped out. Playing

What does/do your family/significant other/friends think about your 'funny toys'? My wife thinks its a good hobby as long as it doesn't make a mess.

What are some of you other interests? Archaeology and 3D applications

Do you have any pets? Nope

What is your favourite band? No idea. Rarely listen to music these days. I like soundtracks.

Return to “Membership Profiles”