MeasureableKarma, profile extreme

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
MeasureableKarma
Shas

MeasureableKarma, profile extreme

Post#1 » Apr 02 2017 01:23

Real first name:
Phillip

Currently USA Gulf Coast, in a few months I'll be in Japan

US Navy Sailor, Aviation Electronics Technician Second Class, Calibration specialty

How did you get into wargaming?
I started back in 2004 - 2005 playing Imp Guard/SM with my friend who was Tau/Tyranids. After I got into college in 2008, I dropped mini wargaming because it was just too expensive. When I enlisted in 2012 after losing all of my money to college, I got back into it on-and-off as CSM, then Dark Eldar, then Eldar, THEN after my deployment in 2014 I dropped GW as a whole (Mostly because my friends no longer played). I picked it back up recently as a hobby just to assemble and paint, but the GW black hole sucked me back in and now I've got a full Dark Angels army and a Tau army.

How did you get into Tau?
Mechs. Drones. Shooting stuff. Plus, Tau is a lot less grimdark than the rest of 40k.

What would be your second piece of advice (after "read the freakin' rules") to a new Tau player?
Don't buy hundreds of dollars worth of models. Buy a killteam first, then build from there.

What is your Tau colour scheme?
Similar to Vior'la but with tiffany blue secondary instead of red. My wife thought it'd be awesome and I agree.

Where and how often do you usually play?
Well...right now the USA Gulf Coast. But here soon I'll be in Japan, and there aren't many stores where I'm going. SO I'll just have to introduce people to the hobby when I'm overseas. Hence why I have both Tau and DA now.

What is your best and worst 40K moment?
BEST - Getting into the hobby in the first place.
WORST - Spending $800+ on Eldar right before deployment, then coming back and finding out none of my friends play anymore and I'm SoL.

Do you have any other armies, for 40K or another system?
I have an army of Dark Angels.

What is your favourite and least favourite army to play against?
Favourite: Tyranids.
Least favourite: Necrons.

What does/do your family/significant other/friends think about your 'funny toys'?
My wife is actually interested in learning how to play. My friends are all war gamers themselves, so...

What are some of you other interests?
Board games, video games, going to work

Do you have any pets?
Cats!

What is your favourite band?
Muse.

Captain-Picard
Vespid

Re: MeasureableKarma, profile extreme

Post#2 » Apr 03 2017 03:57

Welcome, I recently got back into Warhammer, all my friends stopped playing, so I'm gonna do the modeling thing too.
We are the Tau, Resistance is Futile. :dead:

Return to “Membership Profiles”