MasterCraft

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
MasterCraft
Shas'Saal

MasterCraft

Post#1 » Apr 19 2017 07:55

Real first name: Michael

Age and gender: 40 (yikes)

How did you get into wargaming? A long time ago through some friends.

How did you get into Tau? Always loved the look and fluff. Wanted to create a second fully painted army.

What would be your second piece of advice (after "read the freakin' rules") to a new Tau player? Don't rely on Markerlights. They never last.

What is your Tau colour scheme? Based on Dan Harden's purple tau. Same scheme just replaced the harsh blue edge highlighting with a softer purple/blue mix.

How did you find this site/the old site, and how long have you been a member? I've trolled this site over the years and am playing more competitively so looking for tips and thoughts from the community.

What are the origins of your ATT username? This was my username back when DoW came out. Based on second edition wargear, Master Crafted always seemed like a waste cause it never did anything.

Have you reviewed the ATT Membership & Forum Rules? No

Where and how often do you usually play? I have space at home and sometimes at All in One Collectibles. At least once every 2 weeks.

Do you have any other armies, for 40K or another system? 40K: Grey Knights, Dark Angels and Necrons (on deck); Malifau: Outcasts; Blood Bowl: Orks

What is your favourite and least favourite army to play against? Favorite: Tyranid (they always scared me since 2nd ed so I love killing them), Least favorite: Necrons (they just don't die)

What is your best and worst 40K moment? Best: Back in 2nd, had a dev squad disembark a land raider and a lascannon destroyed an Ork walker in one shot. Had to be there. Worst: too many to list. lol

What does/do your family/significant other/friends think about your 'funny toys'? For the most part everyone is cool with it but I always get strange looks from people who come to service the house.

What are some of you other interests? Illustration, video games, reading, playing with my kids

Do you have any pets? No

What is your favourite band? Don't have a favorite. Love all sorts of music. Depends on the mood.

Bloodknife92
Shas'Saal

Re: MasterCraft

Post#2 » Apr 20 2017 06:03

I'm not sure how I feel about your advice lol. Neverthelesz, welcome to the ATT community, the best Tau related discussion boards on the internet :D
The days of goodly English is went

Tael
Fio'O

Re: MasterCraft

Post#3 » Apr 25 2017 10:00

Thanks for taking the time to give a little insight into Mastercraft :D

(they always scared me since 2nd ed so I love killing them)

Oh man, I hear you. I even run Scythes of the Emperor force since 1998. (the-scythes.com)

Best moment was my scout sargeant (2nd Ed) somehow surviving hand to hand with a Screamer Killer, then able to apply meltabomb mentos freshness.

Should be good hearing your insights going forward with 8th edition being a more competitive player :)

Return to “Membership Profiles”