QimRas reporting in!

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
QimRas
Shas'Saal

QimRas reporting in!

Post#1 » Apr 22 2017 09:00

Hey folks! Been lurking hereally for a few weeks, but decided to register now that I think I may have something to add to the conversation. Info dump incoming...

Real first name: John

Age and gender: 32 year old male

How did you get into wargaming? I honestly can't remember. I do keep coming back to it because it includes a level of strategic depth and customization that computer games lack for me.

How did you get into Tau? I used to play AM before I moved to North Carolina, but sold that army before my move since I wouldn't have enough space in my car. I like shooting armies, and I really like aircraft. When I decided to get back into the game recently I remembered having fun playing against Tau, looked at the models and rules available, and decided to try something new. So far, I am enjoying the change.

What would be your second piece of advice (after "read the freakin' rules") to a new Tau player? All the units seem to have a niche, and Tau is all about support. Try combinations.

What is your Tau colour scheme? Still working on that, actually.

How did you find this site/the old site, and how long have you been a member? I was looking around for information on the Orca model, as well as counts-as and conversions. I stumbled across ATT and found the wealth of information and just kept coming back.

What are the origins of your ATT username? It's the Tauification of another username I commonly use.

Have you reviewed the ATT Membership & Forum Rules? Yes

Where and how often do you usually play? Not often now, but still rebuilding my army. I will likely play at home often since my live in girlfriend is building a Ynnari army.

Do you have any other armies, for 40K or another system? I am planning to rebuild my AM army at some point. I am also looking around trying the Starr Stargrunt rule set with my Tau.

What is your favourite and least favourite army to play against? I love playing against Tyranids mainly because of the epic stories it always makes. I mean, come on, who doesn't love a bug hunt?

What is your best and worst 40K moment? Best was probably when my AM infantry squad Sargent took on an entire blood angels assault squad alone, and through the grace of the dice and many many armor saves, survived 4 turns till the end of the game. Can't think of a worst.

What does/do your family/significant other/friends think about your 'funny toys'? My girlfriend thinks it looks fun and is starting a Ynnari army.

Do you have any pets? A beagle/plot hound/mutt

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Re: QimRas reporting in!

Post#2 » Apr 24 2017 06:34

Hi! Welcome to the forum proper. Look forward to your thoughts on modelling tau and fighting your girlfriends forces. Envious your partner is in on the game :D

- Tael :)

Return to “Membership Profiles”