Feeeeeeeed meeeeee!!!!

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
Hungry_Bert
Shas'Saal

Feeeeeeeed meeeeee!!!!

Post#1 » Apr 26 2017 05:52

Real first name: Rob

Age and gender: 30, male

Occupation: CIVIL SERVANT [/excel saga quote] but yes, I'm a dull civil servant

How did you get into wargaming? My older cousins played things like HeroQuest and Tunnels & Trolls when I was a little kid. I ended up playing HeroQuest with them. That lead onto me getting into Warhammer Fantasy (go dwarves!), but I think I only ever played 3 or 4 games.

How did you get into Tau? I was at the height of my interest in all things GW when Tau were released. I instantly decided this was the army that could get me into 40k. Anyway, after spending all of my savings and not playing any 40k games, I lost interest in the hobby entirely and everything sat in boxes, mostly unmade. Recently a friend of mine started collecting Tyranids as a mutual friend is heavily involved in 40k. I decided to dust off my Tau and jump head first back in. I'm still building everything, working on conversions and slowly working on painting my minis.

What would be your second piece of advice (after "read the freakin' rules") to a new Tau player? Try and avoid pre-built/pre-painted items off of ebay. I bought some firewarriors that i'm pretty sure were covered with tip-ex. There are plenty of sites that sell full kits(at cheaper than GW prices) and the handy thing then is you have all the spares for use in conversions and the like.

What is your Tau colour scheme? I'm using hexed lichen purple as my main colour with a grey secondary colour. The metallic bits will be coppery. Think maybe like a Cadbury's dairy milk bar :)

How did you find this site/the old site, and how long have you been a member? I've spent the last couple of months lurking on here and dakka looking for ideas for paint schemes, how to play and conversion ideas.

What are the origins of your ATT username? It's my twitter handle and the only reason it exists is because my XBL gamertag is a bit of an embarrassing hangover from when I used to play Runescape...

Have you reviewed the ATT Membership & Forum Rules? A little, I'm still working my way through them :)

Where and how often do you usually play? I have never played 40k...

Do you have any other armies, for 40K or another system? As mentioned I have WHF Dwarves, I also have the spacemarines left over from when I bought the Battle For Macragge starter box.

What is your favourite and least favourite army to play against? We'll find out when the new edition comes into play!

What is your best and worst 40K moment? My best moment is when I finish a conversion and it looks how I want it to. My worst is when I hand over stupid amounts of money for tiny bits of plastic

What does/do your family/significant other/friends think about your 'funny toys'? My fiancee gets annoyed at me taking over the dining room table and how much I spend/how many ebay packages get delivered. Other than that she's cool with it.

What are some of you other interests? I enjoy playing computer games, Civilization and the fallout series being some of my favourites. I also like board games, we have a really good board game cafe in Oxford called Thirsty Meeples. And I play D&D with a couple of groups.

Do you have any pets? Yep, 2 guinea pigs called Troi and Riker. And an adorable King Charles Cavalier Spaniel called Lailah.

What is your favourite band? It's a toss up between Less Than Jake and Flogging Molly.

Bloodknife92
Shas'La

Re: Feeeeeeeed meeeeee!!!!

Post#2 » Apr 26 2017 08:31

Don't you open that trap dooooooor! Cos there's something dosn there.....

Welcome to the community, my new to-be-married, fallout loving friend!
The days of goodly English is went

Tael
Fio'O

Post#3 » Apr 27 2017 02:59

Welcome to the forum indeed. Look forward to your contributions and thoughts on the new era ahead for 40k and our beloved Tau :)

Vio'ra Mal'caor
Shas'La

Post#4 » May 19 2017 06:28

TNG!!!!! FALLOUT!!! Dude, YOU are AWSOME!!!!!
To Boldly Go where no Tau has gone before...

Return to “Membership Profiles”