BeardedG - Profile

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
BeardedG
Shas'Saal

BeardedG - Profile

Post#1 » May 02 2017 06:41

Real first name: Gareth

Age and gender: 28 M

How did you get into wargaming? friend of mine introduced me to painting about 7 years ago, went from there, now got 20k of blood angels, 6k of orks and approx 2k of tau

How did you get into Tau? decided I had a marine army, a horde army and wanted a gun line army

What would be your second piece of advice (after "read the freakin' rules") to a new Tau player? collect what you want and don't blinded by "must have big guns/toys"

What is your Tau colour scheme? Xereus Purple/temple guard blue/administratum grey/fire dragon bright - FDB for tau sept markings

How did you find this site/the old site, and how long have you been a member? google, been on here a couple of times, thought I'd best interact at some point!

What are the origins of your ATT username? I have a beard and my name starts with G!

Have you reviewed the ATT Membership & Forum Rules? yep

Where and how often do you usually play? Firestorm Games, Cardiff, UK

Do you have any other armies, for 40K or another system? Blood Angels, Tau, Orks, missus has just started a SoB army too!

What is your favourite and least favourite army to play against? least favourite, Ultramarines, don't really have a favourite, I enjoy playing against pretty much every thing else

What is your best and worst 40K moment? Best, coming 4th in the first tournament I went to

What does/do your family/significant other/friends think about your 'funny toys'? the missus is fine with it

What are some of you other interests? reading, watching films, walking the dog

Do you have any pets? 1 border collie, 3 outdoor cats

What is your favourite band? I listen to an eclictic mix of music, from Bluegrass to Jazz, folk to heavy metal

Tael
Fio'O

Re: BeardedG - Profile

Post#2 » Jun 11 2017 06:30

Thanks for joining the 'Orbital' - great to see some long time players with other collections sign up! All the better for learning about our foes ;)

One of my graphic design projects about a decade back was reworking an entire Centre folio for Suncorp Metway in Australia. All the guidelines, talk sheets and reference pages for software. Had to do two days of chaperoned calls also to see what the team had to deal with and then use references to answer online or in the booklets. Crazy couple of days.

Right, look forward to your cadre work and thoughts on ATT ! :D

Return to “Membership Profiles”