khayman

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
khayman
Shas'Saal

khayman

Post#1 » May 02 2017 05:21

Real first name: Christos

Age and gender: 35, male

How did you get into Tau? Funny story, I was having an OCD crisis while painting a Blood Angels army and couldn't decide on how to paint red. It was proving detrimental to having fun from my hobby so I decided to start over with the ugliest army I could find, so that I wouldn't care and, so, I chose Tau. 6 months later I've come to love painting Tau and I'm also really fond of their lore, particularly because I'm very much into political theory and I tend to think of the Tau Empire as marxist communists and Farsight Enclaves as anarchists.

What would be your second piece of advice (after "read the freakin' rules") to a new Tau player? Play to have fun and don't stress too much about building the perfect winning list. And pay no mind to people whining when their troops fall to your gunline.

What is your Tau colour scheme? The new GW Vior'la scheme, with mostly grey panels and a black undersuit. Red is reserved for command units.

How did you find this site/the old site, and how long have you been a member? Most Google searches on anything Tau leads here, so...

What are the origins of your ATT username? One of Anne Rice's characters

Have you reviewed the ATT Membership & Forum Rules? Yes

Where and how often do you usually play? I've not been too much into gaming and have always preferred painting. However with 8th edition coming out I plan to start playing a lot more

Do you have any other armies, for 40K or another system? I've a very small Blood Angels army and a horde of models that were painted and then thrown into Dettol :(

What is your favourite and least favourite army to play against? I've always loved the way CC armies play out (and the challenge this presents to Tau) and I absolutely hate playing against cheesy armies.

What does/do your family/significant other/friends think about your 'funny toys'? Haven't had any crap thrown my way so far in my life.

What are some of you other interests? Playing in bands and then the usual, gaming, reading etc

Do you have any pets? A dog and a cat. Every single model I've painted has had at least one hair from either of them, some have more.

Bloodknife92
Shas'La

Re: khayman

Post#2 » May 04 2017 04:16

Welcome to the community, Khayman! The Ethereals are pleased with your decision.
The days of goodly English is went

Tael
Fio'O

Re: khayman

Post#3 » May 12 2017 01:26

Hi Khayman, indeed, welcome!

Your coming to love Tau story made me laugh. My collection started as gun candy for my Space Marine army. Soon, they had their own website, then articles and now a whole forum dedicated to Tau.

So yes, those lil'blue guys charm you over with their Greater Goodness. ;)

Look forward to your input as we all battlesuit jump into 8th edition!

Return to “Membership Profiles”