G-CICADA at a glance

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
GalaxyCicada
Shas

G-CICADA at a glance

Post#1 » May 04 2017 03:55

Real first name: Trevor

Age and gender: 26 & male

How did you get into wargaming? This is a fun question, but as much as I'd like to give you some fancy story it's pretty simple. Back during 3rd edition a family member took a young me to a crafts and hobbies convention. I painted ye old free plague marine at a gw booth, and I was hooked. Simple as that.

How did you get into Tau? I'm not realy into tau to be honest. But growing up and even now I was a big time gundam fan. Robots are my bread and butter. So battlesuits. I'm here for the battlesuits.

What is your Tau colour scheme?
Um, various? FSE more often than not

How did you find this site/the old site, and how long have you been a member? I'm new. Lurked once and awhile so no comments

What are the origins of your ATT username? I love insects and space. It's my knowledge base in a nutshell.

Have you reviewed the ATT Membership & Forum Rules? Yep, I'm not that dense.

Where and how often do you usually play? Rarely. A few times a year. I'm more into the building / kit bashing / converting part of the hobby

Do you have any other armies, for 40K or another system? Yeah. Other armies and other games. Ask me about it sometime if your curious to see some over the top chaos stuff.

What is your favourite and least favourite army to play against? Favorite to fight? Good old codex marines. Least, those tricky eldar

What is your best and worst 40K moment?
Best, having a khorne 'zerker champion one punch a chapter master as the last member of his squad standing. The worst, having a tank blow up and take 90% of some poorly grouped infantry with it

What does/do your family/significant other/friends think about your 'funny toys'? Parents hate how much I spend on it, though my girlfriend is a great bouncing board for modeling ideas. Although she has no interest in it herself she's very supportive and helpful. Many of my friends are in the hobby and honestly it's been a great bonding point.

What are some of you other interests?
As mentioned previously insects and other arthropods, the science of the universe, reading and writing, and a whole host of other things

Do you have any pets? No

What is your favourite band? Various? It's hard to pick favorites with such a wide range of musical interests

Bloodknife92
Shas'La
Shas'La

Re: G-CICADA at a glance

Post#2 » May 04 2017 05:33

Give your girlfriend time. I got my wife into it when she sae how much fun I was having building and painting models. She just had to be a part of it, and just haaaad to have Eldar :D

Welcome to the ATT community! We're glad to have you in our ranks.
The days of goodly English is went
Ziss old dog still has a few tricks!

GalaxyCicada
Shas

Re: G-CICADA at a glance

Post#3 » May 05 2017 10:09

Thank you for your warm welcome. And no, I don't think her opinion will change. But that's okay. If I get my rear in gear and get done things fully painted I might get her to watch me play a game. And who knows, 8th could give me a chance to break her in with the starter set. But for the meantime some of my best conversion ideas come from her suggestions and opinions. I'm happy with that.

Return to “Membership Profiles”