Shas'ui_JB

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
Shas'ui_JB
Shas'Saal

Shas'ui_JB

Post#1 » May 08 2017 02:17

Real first name: Jonny

Age and gender
: 23 - Male

How did you get into wargaming?
Around 12 years ago I stumbled past a store called "Games Workshop", was interested by the models in the display cases and window, from there I have taken an interest to video games related to warhammer and other sci-fi/strategy games.

How did you get into Tau?
The aesthetic of the firewarrior and hammerhead drawn me to the tau, among their colour scheme, which at the time was the classic ochre sept colours. Their ethos of the greater good, fighting to leave their mark on the universe among the imperium and other xenos is also something that interests me.

What would be your second piece of advice (after "read the freakin' rules") to a new Tau player?
Find a playstyle you enjoy, gunline/battlesuits/close quarters and go for it!

What is your Tau colour scheme?
Classic Ta'you, Ochre, white sept markings/helmets for the squad leader

How did you find this site/the old site, and how long have you been a member?
Only just created account after lurking for a while having been on and off with the hobby for around 12 or so years.

What are the origins of your ATT username?
A Tau rank I found in the codex and am familiar with, mixed with the initials of my name

Have you reviewed the ATT Membership & Forum Rules?
Yes

Where and how often do you usually play?
I will be playing at the GW store in Liverpool once the 8th edition comes out, prior to that I've played little bits in the past, but nothing substantial

Do you have any other armies, for 40K or another system?
Other models I've painted over the years, but not really an army so to speak

What is your favourite and least favourite army to play against?
Best army to play against would be Space Marines, who doesn't like knocking the poster boys from their high chairs? Least favourite would be tau I guess, can't be having civil revolt within the empire!

What is your best and worst 40K moment?

Can't remember the details but it was in 5th edition and a random metla shot destroyed a sentinal and that in turn blown up and vapourised 2 units around it. (can't remember exactly what happened, been a while since I actually played)

What does/do your family/significant other/friends think about your 'funny toys'?

They don't mind, one friend is interested in the whole setting, admiring from a distance. I have a cousin who is looking to jump into 8th with me once it releases and my parents seem to give me good feedback about my miniatures.

What are some of you other interests?

I play guitar (heavy metal/melodic death metal), listen to a lot of that style of music, I read some comics (Deathstroke/Arrow and some of Rick Remender's work), watch the football, go the gym.

Do you have any pets?
Afraid not

What is your favourite band?

Hard to pick one, I guess I will say InFlames since I've seen them live!

Bloodknife92
Shas'La
Shas'La

Re: Shas'ui_JB

Post#2 » May 08 2017 10:50

My death metalhead brother! You are not alone in this community :D InFlames are a band I too enjoy, however I prefer artists like Fleshgod Apocalypse, Nile (my faviourite, who I've seen live), Persefone, Decapitated, Behemoth and many many others! Almost anything of the death metal genre peaks my ear :D welcome to the ATT community!
The days of goodly English is went

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Re: Shas'ui_JB

Post#3 » May 12 2017 01:18

Indeed welcome man - also a classic Tau scheme guy. Look forward to your contributions about the forum :)

Return to “Membership Profiles”