About to join back to fight for the Greater Good!

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
nix0n
Shas'La
Shas'La

About to join back to fight for the Greater Good!

Post#1 » May 10 2017 11:06

Real first name:
Nikita

Age and gender:
M21

Student

How did you get into wargaming?
Randomly stumbled into my local GW store and was immediately blown away!

How did you get into Tau?
That first time when I walked into the store I remember clearly how that one exact box separated itself from the rest. It was the Fire Warrior troop box and since then I fell in love with the Tau design and looks.

What would be your second piece of advice (after "read the freakin' rules") to a new Tau player?
Get some Crisis suits. They appear to be pretty nifty!

What is your Tau colour scheme?
My current scheme is somewhat "urbany" greyish-brown. Can't wait to post my minis on the gallery :D

How did you find this site/the old site, and how long have you been a member?
Always ended up here through the years on and off just to check in what's going on with the hobby. Lately decided to join the group.

What are the origins of your ATT username?
Nickname since my childhood.

Have you reviewed the ATT Membership & Forum Rules?
Yes.

Where and how often do you usually play?
Played a couple games during the 4th edition. Back then understanding english rules was kinda hard and tedious.
Hoping for to get the funds to purchase new models and get an army ready for the 8th edition. I'm feeling confident I will like the gameplay aspect of the hobby!

Do you have any other armies, for 40K or another system?
None so far.

What is your worst 40K moment?
When my friend got a Wraith lord... or was it a knight :-?

What does/do your family/significant other/friends think about your 'funny toys'?
Family doesn't mind, as long as I enjoy the hobby. Friends don't really seem to care.

What are some of you other interests?
Archery, drawing, pc gaming, airsoft.
Cheers!
Nix

jestermaximus
Shas'La
Shas'La

Re: About to join back to fight for the Greater Good!

Post#2 » May 11 2017 10:30

Welcome to the ATT community! I'm not the most experienced player, but Wraithkights are frequently a problem :nice: In my last game I had my Stormsurge taken out by a Wraigthknight in the first shot of the first turn :roll: Sounds like things will get a little more reasonable in the new edition. Anyway, welcome!

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#3 » May 12 2017 01:17

Indeed, welcome - look forward to seeing your modelling work on the forums and thoughts about 8th as we all move into a new edition :)

nix0n
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#4 » May 12 2017 02:30

Thank you very much guys!

Wasn't expecting such a warm welcome. I will most definitely plan on revamping my Tau army for the 8th ed as fast as I will get some extra funds to do that.

I got some conversions and scrap build planned and hope to get those started when I'll get my hands on some start collecting packs as well as the optimised pathfinder team.

Also I got this rare opportunity to utilise some real high quality 3D printers and was planning on designing my own parts for a fully decked out devilfish (mainly the SMS parts that I am unable to convert myself due to lack of extra parts).

There is yet quite a lot for me to learn from the vast archives of this community so don't expect any "break through" content in a while...

I am yet to decide which project of mine I would like to log first. The most exciting thing about this is that I am really waiting to hear your expert opinions and comments.

Thank you everybody!
Cheers!
Nix

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#5 » May 13 2017 09:40

No troubles :)

You might want to check the 3D thread - we have a cabal of lads doing some seriously clever 3D work. Might be worth your while chatting with them on ideas. ;)

Return to “Membership Profiles”