Chaplain Sam Intro

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
chaplain_sam
Shas'Saal

Chaplain Sam Intro

Post#1 » May 21 2017 06:03

Hey everyone. Long time lurker here, finally making it official and registering so I can start posting. I bought a few of Kael'yn's 3D printer Stormsurge arms and felt obligated to chime in with my thoughts (they rock). So after introducing myself, you can catch my review in the appropriate forum.

Real first name:
Sam

Age and gender:
25 year old male

CPA

How did you get into wargaming?
Both of my older brothers played while they were in high school ~15 years ago. They got back into the hobby again 5 years ago after we got sick of playing Risk at family functions and I jumped in with them.

How did you get into Tau?
Tau was my second army after Blood Angels. I'm just a sucker for the giant mech/anime/gundam look.

What would be your second piece of advice (after "read the freakin' rules") to a new Tau player?
I would encourage them to be particularly mindful of your opponents' enjoyment. Tau have a bad rap with some of the player base, and while I don't believe they are over-powered, it's important to preserve your relationships and aim for competitive games that are fun for both sides.

What is your Tau colour scheme?
Primary: Green
Secondary: Black and Grey

How did you find this site/the old site, and how long have you been a member?
I am a long time lurker.

What are the origins of your ATT username?
As I mentioned above, Blood Angels were my first army. Chaplains are a big component of the army and so I used "Chaplain" as part of my 40k handle. I used to run the Battle Brothers blog where I where I posted under "Chaplain Sam" as well.

Have you reviewed the ATT Membership & Forum Rules?
Yes

Where and how often do you usually play?
It varies, but on average I play 1-3 times per month. I generally play either at my house or at ITC tournaments in my region.

Do you have any other armies, for 40K or another system?

Blood Angels
Space Wolves
Tyranids
Tau

What is your favourite and least favourite army to play against?
I enjoy playing against all armies.

What does/do your family/significant other/friends think about your 'funny toys'?
All my brothers play, so my family is fairly used to it. My wife is very supportive. In fact, she always fights against me if I try to sell any models off. She has painted a few models herself, but never learned to play. My non-40k friends think it is pretty strange, of course (ha!).

What are some of you other interests?
I am a pretty dedicate NBA fan. I follow the sport closely. I also enjoy working on home improvement projects.

Do you have any pets?
One dog and one cat.

What is your favourite band?
I'm not very musical. I prefer to listen to 40k and NBA podcasts during my commutes.

Thanks,

-Chaplain Sam

Tael
Fio'O

Re: Chaplain Sam Intro

Post#2 » Jun 11 2017 06:21

Welcome to the "Orbital" at large, I suspect you know your way around very well :D

Also my apologies for your profile being missed in all the 8th edition craziness! It has been great getting a new influx of members, and a few of our veteran players/readers too!

Very jealous of your built in gaming club with the brothers - certainly a hot pot for figuring our issues for Tau in 8th edition.

Would be good to hear your thoughts on trying to fighg Blood Angels, I suspect theyre about to get some interesting rules in 8th edition. That and Wolves & Tyranids :D

Return to “Membership Profiles”