Introduction and greeting

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
Wierzbicki17
Shas'Saal

Introduction and greeting

Post#1 » May 21 2017 07:13

Good evening all!

Ive been a reader of this site for many years now but just registered a month ago and plan on posting some of my own content from here on out.

I started playing 40k back when the Battle of Macragge first came out and fell in love with the game ever since. I've always liked strategy games but the fact that in warhammer I can choose, build and customize, then paint (further customize) my forces, makes me verry happy!

I started an Ultramarines Second Company army back in the day and since joining the US military in 2013 I've had more money to put into my hobby. I've branched out into imperial guard and eldar but my very first great expansion was the TAU. Now they almost rival the size of my space marine armies!!!

With the release of Shadow War Armageddon I got heavily into conversions and narrative style playing. I've always loved to convert tau miniatures thanks to this site in particular, but now I convert with a purpose to form a narrative and develop back story!

I can't wait for 8th edition either because I haven't played a game of 40k since 2009... all of my GW closed near me and now I have to drive an hour to get to a store. I've tried to play a game three times on three separate trips all to no avail... the tables were taken up the first time and the last two times no one has wanted to play a game against a new person. Because for all intents and purposes I'm new because I haven't played since 2009 and I know little of mechanics except for what I've read and watched in videos. But luckily a friend from the store showed me a local gaming store (I had no idea that was a thing) and now we have somewhere closer to play and nerd out!

I just can't wait for the 8th so that way everyone is new and maybe I'll start to get into games more often!

I feel like I'm talking too much ahah.. so you that's me in a nut shell, I look forward to what the future holds for me and the hobby of 40k!

For the greater good!

Wierzbicki17
Shas'Saal

Re: Introduction and greeting

Post#2 » May 29 2017 03:48

I got a little carried away the first time I posted my intro, I was so ready to dive on into the world of ATT officially instead of lurking. Here's a more detailed HELLO! :fear:

Real first name: Rob

Age and gender: 21, male

Occupation: Sheet metal mechanic with the United States Air Force.

How did you get into wargaming?
GW store was next to my movie theater growing up. I always wanted to go in and one day my dad took me in and I fell in love with the atmosphere and looks of all the models! And I had always loved legos, these were the next best thing. That Easter my parents surprised me with a battle Force of space marines and a paint set that the GW staff put together for me. the two guys Adam and Steve that worked there even taught me how to paint and how to convert! They were instrumental in my hobby career. Then the store closed in 2010 and I haven't played a game since...

How did you get into Tau?
I loved the fact that they were the only race that didn't seem hell bent on making every one else's day miserable. They were far less intense than my space marines! I loved thier clean cut lines of the weapons and armor. Not to mention, thier tanks had killed my tanks more times than I can count! I wanted in on that sort of fire power. Plus they were more into teamwork on the table than my marines, everyone had a role and I wanted to play like that! Marker lights anyone??? Also Commander Farsight was my first tau model, I loved his story and his model!

What would be your second piece of advice (after "read the freakin' rules") to a new Tau player?
Pick loyalist or Farsight enclaves and then build your army according to being aggressive or defensive, I play to forge a narrative and to have fun, but winning is always at the back of my mind!

What is your Tau colour scheme?
I have no idea I just know that I want weathering and carbon build ups at the end of my weapons, I want a snow theme as well, so maybe white and blue and grey. Not 100% sure because all of my tau are unpainted...

How did you find this site/the old site, and how long have you been a member?
I've been looking at ideas on this site for maybe three years but never joined. I used it for conversions of my battle suits but now I wanted to give back to the community and show them my work thanks to them. I've been a member for two/three months now.

What are the origins of your ATT username?
I just used my last name, it means Willow Tree in polish. And 17 was my number in hockey and my poppops number when he played football for Clemson.

Have you reviewed the ATT Membership & Forum Rules?
Yes

Where and how often do you usually play?
I haven't played since 5th edition, and I'm chomping at the bit to play 8th. Can't wait. But I build models and paint nearly every day! Provided I have free time.

Do you have any other armies, for 40K or another system?
Yes I started with ultramarines and then imperial guard and then turned from the emperors light with the tau as my first non imperial army, now I own every army but deamons and mechanicus.

What is your favourite and least favourite army to play against?
I like to play against other marines players because it helps me see my own weaknesses for my primary army:ultramarines. And I HATE CHAOS WITH EVERY OUNCE OF MY BODY. Hate them. So much. Idk whether it's tactical error on my part or just the opponent has more skill or maybe both, but I never won against them and although I play to have fun, winning is still my goal unless we're playing for narrative.

What is your best and worst 40K moment?
Best moment is my first game, my 5 man assault squad charged a dark eldar paper boat and my sergeant with power fist killed it and it exploded killing two of my marines and nearly all of the witches inside which became pinned afterwords!!! It really got me into the game and narrative of the whole game because it was so unexpected and awesome!!! Now my worst moment is when my 5 man assault terminators with three lightning fists and two thunder hammers charged a unit of mutilator terminator abominations and roled very poorly and then got owned...

What does/do your family/significant other/friends think about your 'funny toys'?
My girlfriend thinks it's close to a waste of money. But she is glad I love something almost as much as her ahah, and she likes to look at all of my conversions, commenting on their shoes, especially the new Greyfax inquisitor in high heels, "I can't imagine fighting in those" she said. My parents have always been supportive, in fact I started playing backed by thier money when I was 11! As for my friends, they're excited for 8th because 40k is too time consuming and complicated for them to get into now. And the "new GW" has great deals on plastic kits so they can afford it now. Thanks to the military I can save money for retirement and still have enough money for my hobby so I don't have their problems.

What are some of you other interests?
I like to collect and shoot WW2 and other historical weapons. My last final I picked up was a Lee Enfield British bolt action. I love to draw and paint as well, mostly architecture and sci fi. I just started a garden as well and am really having a great show of it! I also enjoy a bit of hockey every now and then to get out aggression and work up a hell of an appetite so I can smash some pizza! That way I don't feel bad!

Do you have any pets?
A "royal" standard poodle named Lego, he's red. And he's crazy as hell, when he walks into my warhammer room he wags his tail and knocks all of tyranids off the shelf and then runs out and pretends he didn't do it!!!

What is your favourite band?
Tied between Aerosmith and Def Leopard. I fee up with classic rock and those two were my first two bands on my iPods. I love all thier music.

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Re: Introduction and greeting

Post#3 » Jun 09 2017 07:33

Welcome aboard the 'Orbital'. :)

Thanks for the big intro, and glad you have enjoy ATT over the years. Be great to finally have your input with that background.

- Tael. :D

Return to “Membership Profiles”