GiantContrabandRobot joining the fight!

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
GiantContrabandRobot
Shas

GiantContrabandRobot joining the fight!

Post#1 » May 24 2017 10:30

In RL, can call me...:
Ishmael Gilbert

Age and gender:
27, male

I do credit card reconciliation for a major company. It's kinda weird.

How did you get into wargaming?
It stemmed from tabletop RPG's like D&D back in the day, although I had had an interest in tabletop wargaming for about the same period of time. (D&D helped me learn that rules can seem complicated on the surface, but aren't always in practice.) Ultimately, it was my high school's D&D club adding a 40k Thursday to its schedule take got me to take the plunge.

How did you get into Tau?
I liked the look, I liked the shooty aspects, I liked the weapons, and, upon getting the codex, I loved the lore.

What would be your second piece of advice (after "read the freakin' rules") to a new Tau player?
When getting new things, consider what you need, not what you want. As a teen, I built out my army based on what I thought was cool, not what was practical.

What is your Tau colour scheme?
Since I built and painted for speed back in high school, I'm currently looking to effectively restart my army. That being said, I've no idea at this time.

How did you find this site/the old site, and how long have you been a member?
I was on it back in high school, and a GW employee actually recommended it to me when I went in to check out what I've missed in my hiatus.

What are the origins of your ATT username?
It's a song from Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: the Game.

Have you reviewed the ATT Membership & Forum Rules?
Yessir.

Where and how often do you usually play?
There'sa GW Battle Bunker on Cottman Avenue in Northeast Philadelphia. I'll be playing there.
Once I get my army set back up, I'll look to do at least once a month.

Do you have any other armies, for 40K or another system?
No, but I've been looking at Imperial Guard for a while, and I've actually never had Space Marines before.

What is your favourite and least favourite army to play against?

What is your best and worst 40K moment?
Best Moment: Charging a squad of Terminators with my squad of Fire Warriors and actually managing to take out one or two. The survivors broke, and I managed to take the remainder out with my Crisis Commander.
Worst Moment: Getting curb stomped by Grey Knights in a Kill Team match, though that was back in 4th edition.

What does/do your family/significant other/friends think about your 'funny toys'?
They either think it's neat, a nice hobby, or a waste of money.

What are some of you other interests?
Tabletop RPG's and board games in general. Right now I'm highly recommending Captain Sonar to people. Other than that, I've been a hobbiest writer for years, so I'm hoping to come up with my own lore for my army.

Do you have any pets?
Nope.

What is your favourite band?
I wouldn't call them a band, but I've become increasingly fond of Two Steps from Hell.

Tael
Fio'O

Re: GiantContrabandRobot joining the fight!

Post#2 » May 29 2017 10:03

Thanks for giving us insight into yourself and your gaming background! :)

Look forward to your input as you face of with folks in 8th and grow that new Cadre!

- Tael.

Return to “Membership Profiles”