Greetings from a returning Tau player!

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
Tzavido
Shas

Greetings from a returning Tau player!

Post#1 » May 25 2017 05:47

Hello ATT, my name is Tzavi and I'm planning to get back to 40k with my dusty Tau army. The 8th edition rumours have got me by surprise and renewed my hope for our hobby and the Greater Good. I'm very happy to return to this forum after 6 years to see it looking better than ever. Congrats to all of you for this amazing gathering place in the grim darkness of the 41st millenium. I hope that I'll become a useful member and participate as much as my work permits to the forum and the hobby in general. :D

Wierzbicki17
Shas'Saal

Re: Greetings from a returning Tau player!

Post#2 » May 25 2017 07:28

Welcome back to the fold! I'm a new guy though, but like you I've also had an army for some time. I haven't played an actual game of 40k since 2008. I'm more excited for 8th than I've ever been ready for any other game (board game or electronic). I like the new sniper drone rules and I think the voluntary falling back from combat will really help us in the game! Not to mention we can overwatch as many times as possible until someone charges!

Have you had a chance to play Shadow War Armageddon yet? It's a lot of fun to watch, I still need to jump into one.

GiantContrabandRobot
Shas

Post#3 » May 25 2017 08:10

Greetings! Look like we're in the same boat, getting excited about the new edition and all. I hope you like it here!

Tzavido
Shas

Post#4 » May 26 2017 04:04

Wow, I had no idea Shadow of War: Armageddon existed. Turns out my new player group occasionally has games of it and it seems really fun. Thanks for bringing this up, it gives me a mini quest to finish my pathfinders first before the new edition launches!

Wierzbicki17
Shas'Saal

Post#5 » May 26 2017 10:20

https://www.warhammer-community.com/201 ... ge-post-4/

That's the link you'll need to download the rules for kill team builds and mini campaigns and what not, but you'll be better off buying the new rule book off of GW so you can get all the teams in a hard copy, plus you'll get the full ruleset and art. The game is just more intense and narrative based than standard 40k games IMO.

Play some and let me know how it goes! I'll be posting some conversions of my kill team soon! Come take a look at some of my battlesuit stuff anytime!

Return to “Membership Profiles”