Jhi'Myr

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
Jhi'Myr
Shas'Saal

Jhi'Myr

Post#1 » May 26 2017 10:23

Real first name: Jordan

Age and gender: 27-male

How did you get into wargaming?: I found the Grey Hunter novel in a thrift store and got sucked into 40k

How did you get into Tau?: The choice seemed appropriate when starting 40k.

What would be your second piece of advice (after "read the freakin' rules") to a new Tau player?: Markerlights markerlights markerlights.

What is your Tau colour scheme?: Ultramarine blue with orange pinstriped recesses.

How did you find this site/the old site, and how long have you been a member?: Found it when I was learning Tau early on. Been around for years but never more than a lurker till this post.

What are the origins of your ATT username?: It's part of the backstory for my army, which got its own post here.

Have you reviewed the ATT Membership & Forum Rules?: Of course.

Do you have any other armies, for 40K or another system?: Own a small ork army, though I've never done anything with it.

What is your favourite army to play against?: Nids. Feels very visceral.

What is your best and worst 40K moment?: Best moment will be told in the backstory post mentioned earlier. Worst moment was my first tournament. Someone convinced me Extra Armour on all his I.G. tanks (including a flier) made them AV14 all the way around. I know now to check the codex when cheese smells fishy.

What does/do your family/significant other/friends think about your 'funny toys'?: I started in order to paint with my dieing grandmother, as was her hobby. No one's had the poor taste to mock that.

What are some of you other interests?: Other... interests? Sounds like you're not committed to the Tau'Va enough, soldier.

Do you have any pets?: I've got a rabbit and a cat, neither by choice. Came home one day and a roommate decided to surprise the lonely old man she lived with (me) with a cat. I saved the bunny as an infant, and it kind'a fell into my lap.

What is your favourite band?: Steam Powered Giraffe.

Thank you all for the excellent place to practice the Tau'Va.

Tael
Fio'O

Re: Jhi'Myr

Post#2 » Jun 04 2017 03:17

Welcome to the forum! Thanks for the link! So much 8th edition talk it is quickly burying folks new topics!

Look forward to your input and modelling on the "Orbital" :)

Cheers for joining the cadre on ATT ! :D

Jhi'Myr
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Jun 07 2017 08:29

Thank you kindly. It's good to be part of the community. And yes, I've noticed the flurry about 8th. I'm starting to receed into my math-cave to try to calculate out 8th edition weapons values, myself. TBH I can't keep up with that Run To Eighth thread. It's gotten a little out of control ever since the codex leak.

Tael
Fio'O

Post#4 » Jun 09 2017 06:44

Thats true haha - when you have your thoughts and calculations down, pretty sure folks will join in quickly discussing your findings.

As the Admin team, we're encouraging seperation in the thread topics at the moment. ;)

Return to “Membership Profiles”