Dut'ch

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
Dut'ch
Shas

Dut'ch

Post#1 » Jun 02 2017 02:51

Real first name: Nick

Age and gender: Male, 32

How did you get into wargaming? I never managed to get into it as a kid, but recently my friend was given Dark Vengeance as a present and it peaked my interest. Now there are 4 of us all playing (3 veteran players vs me!)

How did you get into Tau? I loved the 'eavy metal Vior'la colour scheme, and the idea of applying lots of firepower really peaked my interest.

What would be your second piece of advice (after "read the freakin' rules") to a new Tau player? Don't get into CC! That's too obvious... Use a buffmander? No, that's 7th Ed... erm, Longstrike is always worth taking.

What is your Tau colour scheme? White Vior'la. But with the new rules I've noticed that you can't take Shadowsun unless your army is of thr Ta'you. So rethinking this. I'm not planning to repaint anything though!

How did you find this site/the old site, and how long have you been a member? Google, long time listener, first time caller.

What are the origins of your ATT username? Dutch is my normal avatar, so I've just adapted it to look Tau'ish.

Have you reviewed the ATT Membership & Forum Rules?  Partially, I will have a good look now!

Where and how often do you usually play? In my friends man cave (shed). If I'm lucky once a month I get to play.

Do you have any other armies, for 40K or another system? Blood Angels, mostly Death Company

What is your favourite and least favourite army to play against? Favourite - my friend's chaos army. He buys on the cheap so has basically no vehicles and lots of daemons for me to wipe out. Least... Space Wolves. I have nightmares about Thunder Cavalry.

What is your best and worst 40K moment?  Taking out two Imp Guard vehicles with one Ghostkeel fusion Blast. Oh and BA wise my Death Company Chaplain landing a final hit on a Stormraven. Worst, probably Thunder Cavalry again.

What does/do your family/significant other/friends think about your 'funny toys'? My wife doesn't mind it, better to spend it on plastic toys than other more unscrupulous things :crafty: however our newborn takes up all our time so she would be annoyed if I played and painted more often!

What are some of you other interests? Gaming in general, both board and computer. Don't get time for much now. Movies, Star Wars especially, and music.

Do you have any pets? Two cats, Thor and Loki.

What is your favourite band? VUsed to be Muse, now Ben Folds Five. Feeder probably round off my top 3.

Tael
Fio'O

Re: Dut'ch

Post#2 » Jun 04 2017 03:00

Welcome to ATT, good to have some long time players back in the fold! Also jealous about your gaming group, should be interesting to read your (groups) thoughts on 8th and the games ahead!

Return to “Membership Profiles”