robbobobo, ready for action!

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
robbobobo
Shas

robbobobo, ready for action!

Post#1 » Jun 07 2017 04:54

Hey there,

I'm robbobobo, long time lurker but I decided with 8th Edition just around the corner and all the buzz it's created here that I'd finally sign up and join the Cadre.

Real first name:
Robert

How did you get into wargaming/Tau?
When I was 15 I bought two games on special: Killzone and Fire Warrior on PS2. I played Fire Warrior to death (almost 100%, just two more 'A' ratings. Never touched Killzone) and enjoyed the setting and the race so much that I dived into the tabletop game.

What would be your second piece of advice (after "read the freakin' rules") to a new Tau player?
Fluff it out before you crunch it out.

What is your Tau colour scheme?
I have a T'au force based on Dawn of War: Dark Crusade and I'm currently working on this scheme as the T'olku sept. http://www.40kforums.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=20191&d=1394767801&thumb=1

What are the origins of your ATT username?
I practially use it everywhere. It was a random thing and is often misattributed to the anime Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo.

Have you reviewed the ATT Membership & Forum Rules?
Yes, I have.

Where and how often do you usually play?
Usually at GW stores or at a monthly meet up at a mate's house.

Do you have any other armies, for 40K or another system?
I own Tyranids from Hive Fleet Kraken, a Colette du Bois crew from Malifaux and a vanilla Aleph force from Infinity. Does Kingdom Death: Monster count?

What is your favourite and least favourite army to play against?
Favourite - Necrons. Sibiling rivalry has a large part to play here. Least favourite - Blood Angels. Blergh.

What is your best and worst 40K moment?
Best - A Fire Warrior Shas'Ui hits and wounds a Greater Deamon of Slaanesh in combat after his squad gets wiped. The wound triggered Daemonic Instability and caused it to explode. This was back in 4th edition.
Worst - A unit of Lychguard with Warscythes managed to walk from table edge to table edge, surviving the trip with 8 models left, then proceeded to wipe the floor with Tau blood. My brother was truly favoured by the dice gods. This was back during 5th edition.

What does/do your family/significant other/friends think about your 'funny toys'?
"At least he isn't spending his money on drugs." My dad, 2011.

What is your favourite band?
Slipknot.

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Re: robbobobo, ready for action!

Post#2 » Jun 09 2017 07:16

Top stuff, great to have more long time readers actively aboard the 'Orbital' :)

Look forward to your input going ahead! :D

Return to “Membership Profiles”