Canuckadin

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
Canuckadin
Shas'Saal

Canuckadin

Post#1 » Jun 07 2017 10:07

Real first name:

Kyle

Age and gender:

26 and Male

Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada

Welder

How did you get into wargaming?

10 or so years ago some friends played a game between space marines and Imperial guard. Tried to get into it then but didn't get far. I've been playing many GW video games since.

How did you get into Tau?

Went to my hobby store and watched a game between Tau and Chaos. Tau player had a force of mechs and it looked so cool. Read a good bit of lore and have been enjoying them since.

What would be your second piece of advice (after "read the freakin' rules") to a new Tau player?

The advice given to me by some veterans at my hobby shop. Pick what you want to play and find a way to make it work.

What is your Tau colour scheme?

I want to do a Farsight conclave scheme. I want to have mixed colours in my mechs as if they've been scavenged together by whatever they've found.

How did you find this site/the old site, and how long have you been a member?

I googled "Tau Tactics" and this website was second on the list so I decided to lurked for a couple hours and figured I'd like to join.

What are the origins of your ATT username?

Played Wow with a bunch of Americans and I was the only Canadian and they always used it as my nickname.

Have you reviewed the ATT Membership & Forum Rules?

Yes I have

Where and how often do you usually play?

At a hobby store and id like to play 2-5 times a month. I work many hours.

Do you have any other armies, for 40K or another system?

Slowly collecting a necron army

What is your favourite and least favourite army to play against?

Worst would be Nids as they're the only one I have in 6th and got my butt handed to me everytime.

Favorite: Any army I may destroy for the greater good.

What is your best and worst 40K moment?
Best:

One time my squad of marines weren't immediately murdered by a group of genestealers.
Worst: Don't really have one yet.

What does/do your family/significant other/friends think about your 'funny toys'?

My SO want to get into 40k also but sadly she is joining the ranks of the filthy dark Eldar. I have 4 friends also joining for the 8th edition.

What are some of you other interests?

Paintballing, fishing and computer gaming.

Do you have any pets?

2 dogs, 2 cats and a snake!

What is your favourite band?

I think I would have to go with linkin park. Although the newest album has left me a little speechless I'm dedicated to the end.

Nice to meet you all and can't wait to learn and help develop new tactics so the greater good may end the unnecessary suffering in this grim and dark universe.

Tael
Fio'O

Re: Canuckadin

Post#2 » Jun 09 2017 07:15

Thanks for the intro and insight into yourself :)

Looking forward to your expanding collection and input on gamin in 8th edition. Its a little crazy around here presently with all units getting lengthy debates across the 'Orbital'.

Great to have you aboard, enjoy! :D

Return to “Membership Profiles”