Flyincaveman

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
Flyincaveman
Shas'Saal

Flyincaveman

Post#1 » Jun 13 2017 01:38

Real first name: uhhh... I ain't gone by my first name since I was 11. And I'm not putting my last name here. So call me Wash.

Age and gender: 28, m

How did you get into wargaming?
Well, I always was a massive nerd. MtG, DnD, etc. Friday night magic was the way I always made new friends when I moved. Then I moved to TN, and got stuck working Friday nights. Kind of floundered for a couple of months before randomly coming across a Warhammer store. Vaguely knew what it was, but wasn't sure if it was Warhammer only or general nerd shop. Wandered in and the store owner was one of the most enthusiastic people I've ever met about a hobby. That enthusiasm and my lack of a hobby.. well. Here I am.

How did you get into Tau?
Armored Core was one of my favourite game series. Love me some giant robots. Plus their fluff is the most interesting.

What would be your second piece of advice (after "read the freakin' rules") to a new Tau player?
Fluff isn't the game. Even if it should be, fluff is just fluff.

What is your Tau colour scheme?
Desert brown with some red. (Farsight is the only general I'd follow)

How did you find this site/the old site, and how long have you been a member?
I like Tau. And Tau modelling. Google is a heck of a thing.

What are the origins of your ATT username?
It's a secret.

Have you reviewed the ATT Membership & Forum Rules?
Yup. Mostly trying to figure out why I couldn't respond to a post I wanted to. Figured it had to do with that.

Where and how often do you usually play?
Play SWA on Sundays. Hoping to play morr.

Do you have any other armies, for 40K or another system?
Nope

What is your favourite and least favourite army to play against?
Necrons and Harlequins for least favourite. So hard to hit and stay dead. Probably GK for favourite. Fewer models to deal with.

What is your best and worst 40K moment?
Haven't been playing long. Ask me in s year or so.

What does/do your family/significant other/friends think about your 'funny toys'?
My ex wife mocked me. But we won't go there. Parents just accept it as yet another nerdy obsession (though my dad used to paint model cars and sees that aspect of it. Took my mom to the local shop on Mother's Day so she could understand it. She loves it). Current girlfriend is very supportive of it. Mostly because she wants me to paint her an ork army.

What are some of you other interests?
So many.

Do you have any pets?
A dog named Stanley.

What is your favourite band?
Protest the Hero, The Protomen, Trivium, Slipknot, Fallout Boy (don't hate, post hiatus they are awesome)

Return to “Membership Profiles”