Crownfall

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
Crownfall
Shas'Saal

Crownfall

Post#1 » Jun 15 2017 06:02

Real first name:
Jack

Age and gender:
29, M

Account Manager

How did you get into wargaming?
Always been a big video gamer, wanted to step away from the screens. Friends had an interest, asked to try it out with them.

How did you get into Tau?
Initially my love for Transformers, Gundams and big guns. Now I know more about the lore, can say I'm happy with my choice, even if it was initially based solely on aesthetics.

What would be your second piece of advice (after "read the freakin' rules") to a new Tau player?
Having only played 2 games, not much. In my experience so far, markerlights don't seem to help at all. For a race that relies upon ranged weapons, they can't seem to aim and don't feel like they have obvious benefits that other armies do.

What is your Tau colour scheme?
Going for Farsight Enclave with extra black. Red, black and gold.

How did you find this site/the old site, and how long have you been a member?
Due to being a new player in a new edition, I wanted to establish a strong starting point with the army I chose.
Though there are contrasting views on the current state of Tau here, they all seem well informed.

What are the origins of your ATT username?
When I first made a gamer ID, I wanted something that said; "the arrogant will lose."

Have you reviewed the ATT Membership & Forum Rules?
I read the summary on the front page, if there's more, I'll be headed there after this.

Where and how often do you usually play?
Once a week, at a friends, currently. Would like to play more, so I can catch up to the experience my friends have.

Do you have any other armies, for 40K or another system?
I own, Tau (Start collecting, Riptide, extra fire warriors and drones), Sylvaneth (Durthu, Dryads, Treelord Ancient, one citadel wood), Slaves to Darkness (half-prepped for alternate to Sylvaneth). Girlfriend recently picked up Seraphon.

What is your favourite and least favourite army to play against?
Currently my least favourite are Orks and Eldar. Simply because these are the armies I've lost to. No favourite yet.

What is your best and worst 40K moment?
Best 40k moment was taking out half an Ork army whilst my partnered Skitarii army rolled 1's consistently. Just funny.
Worst was taking 950~ points of Tau vs an Eldar army that included a Wraith Knight. Focused on the big guy, instead of eliminating the infantry.

What does/do your family/significant other/friends think about your 'funny toys'?
The family doesn't really know about them. Partner at least wants to paint with me.

What are some of your other interests?
Video Games, Movies, Heavy music.

Do you have any pets?
2x Guinea Pigs

What is your favourite band?
Currently am enjoying; Make Them Suffer - Ether and Veil of Maya - Mikasa.

What are your favourite podcasts?
Infinite Monkey Cage, John Robins and Elis James, Welcome to Nightvale.

Summary; I've joined the forum to try and increase my Tau knowledge to the point I am confident in my own knowledge in game, instead of referring to sheets and others. Soon to try magnetising my models too!

I'd also like to BURY :( :( :( :evil: :evil: :evil: one of the others in my group and am hoping to found a basic knowledge about what to field vs particular armies. E.g. Tau vs Drukhari, Tau vs Eldar, Tau vs Tyranids. We've all agreed to build a 1k list and I'm currently struggling to build a strong one.

I'm really enjoying the current strategies that revolve around getting the deep strike off and chopping off a 1/3 of the enemy army in one strike, though it's high risk it seems like the only strong tactic at the moment. Shame about ATS not working on melee too!

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Re: Crownfall

Post#2 » Jun 30 2017 06:41

Hi Crownfall,

Definitely like the name also!

So I think you've come to the right place to deal with your 'Friend'. All sorts of nasty tactics here to slap folks up side the armor plate.

If you can, battle reports and some hobby goodness would be greatly appreciated as you go! :D

See you about the 'Orbital :)
Tael.

Crownfall
Shas'Saal

Re: Crownfall

Post#3 » Jul 04 2017 07:03

Thanks Tael!

I will soon post up some of my paintwork after receiving my top up of crisis suits and definitely try to bat rep.

Look forward to being more educated on Tau as a whole and able to aid the greater good!

Return to “Membership Profiles”