Shine101

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
Shine101
Shas

Shine101

Post#1 » Jul 06 2017 10:43

Real first name: Tim

Age and gender: 22, male

How did you get into wargaming?

When I was around 10 years old my mother bought me some Lord of the Rings miniatures, which we painted together and this was the first step into the addiction - I mean - hobby for me. This expanded to Warhammer 40k, because a lot of friends in school played it, later we switched to Warhammer Fantasy to (to see it die with the AoS release) and went back to 40k.

How did you get into Tau?

3 of 4 guys which I played with had Space Marine armies (Blood Angels, Crimson Fists and Space Wolves) and the first thing I got in 40k was Grey Knights, getting tired of all these SM fights I looked at the Xenos and fell in love with the lore and miniatures of Tau.

What would be your second piece of advice (after "read the freakin' rules") to a new Tau player?

I guess it would be the same I'd say to any 40k player: Play what you like best, you don't need to get the best out of everything or get with the meta, as long you're having fun with a fluffy army or the models you visually like best. (Like I said I'm kind of a lore fanatic, so I love fluffy armies, especially the Farsight Enclaves)

What is your Tau colour scheme?

I paint them in the Farsight Enclaves scheme, so red/black/grey.

How did you find this site/the old site, and how long have you been a member?

I just arrived but have been reading your threads whenever I needed to know something and now thought it would be time for me to join the greater good online.

What are the origins of your ATT username?

It's just my standard nickname on online platforms, 101 is my favorite number and Shine is a nickname I got from a friend really long time ago, it kind of evolved from little jokes and provoking between friends.

Have you reviewed the ATT Membership & Forum Rules?

Yes, I've read them.

Where and how often do you usually play?

I play at home one of my 40k friends I already mentioned (just 2 of them left, the other ones are spread across the country, after the school was done, all went to different universities) bought and built some Terrain to play. We haven't got a real "battlefield", but in my flat the ground is made of tiles which are exactly 18' long and wide, which came in pretty handy.

Do you have any other armies, for 40K or another system?

I once had a Lord of the Rings army, but they should be broken by now, haven't seen it in years, it was Galadhrim when they came out and High Elves.

My Warhammer Fantasy armies are Wood Elves + Treemen (Sylvaneth now I guess (?)), and High Elves

My 40k armies are Tau, a few Grey Knights/1000 and Dark Angels/1500P (Dark Vengeance), as well as I think about a Khorne Daemons army (I used Bloodletters to practise with an airbrush and i quite like the fluff of Khorne)

What is your favourite and least favourite army to play against?

Favorite: Astra Militarum (One friend has a really fluffy and fun army to play and I usually don't play with people I don't know, so I like his army and faction)

Least favorite: Any SM army. Everyone plays SM, I think I just got tired of them.

What is your best and worst 40K moment?

My best moment was my first game with my 1500 Points Dark Angels, a few months after Dark Vengeance came out. My Space Wolves friend had a Vindicator and threatened to shoot my Tyranid-Buddy before the game (2 vs 2, Tyranids + Dark Angels vs. Crimson Fists + Space Wolves; yeah we played it although the rules might forbid it) with it's 10' template and my Landspeeder Vengeance with it's plasmastorm cannon blew it up in the first round. He was pretty angry and the other 3 had to laugh very hard, after a few minutes he also thought it's funny, it was a really fun game.

The worst was when Pedro Kantor (exactly the same game) saved 17 hits in a row with only 5's and 6's and killed my buddy's Carnifex? I don't quite know what it was, but it was the biggest monster he had in game. Retrospectively it's funny as well, but I don't have much 'bad' memories of 40k.

What does/do your family/significant other/friends think about your 'funny toys'?

My family doesn't really care, except my mother who showed me this hobby after all. She likes it and says: "At least it's better than just sitting in front of a computer or mobile the whole day.", my girlfriend started playing Eldar so I got this going for me and my other friends look at it and some are even interested.

What are some of you other interests?

I'm interested in Video Games as well as art/architecture, dogs and memes.

Do you have any pets?

Yes I've got a 3 year old eurasian girl. It's breeded from a Chow Chow (got a blue/black tongue), Samoyed and German Spitz. She's called "Bailey".

What is your favourite band?

Hard to tell I listen to older bands like Boston or Journey often, but my ultimate favorite band I'd say is a newer one called Rise Against. But overall I like to listen to these Classic Rock songs as well as the newer punk, alternative, metal, post-hardcore stuff.

Shas'O Bentu'nan
Shas

Re: Shine101

Post#2 » Jul 06 2017 10:53

Welcome! You should teach your ents the greater good. Teach space marines to underestimate tau melee when treemen lay the smackdown on them! ;)

Interested in videogames? Ya catching games done quick this week?
Commander wiseblade

Return to “Membership Profiles”