New to Tau and These Fine Forums

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
Gauche
Shas'La
Shas'La

New to Tau and These Fine Forums

Post#1 » Jul 10 2017 09:27

Hello,

I post around most of the big 40K boards quite regularly but only stumbled across this one today. I just got into Tau as I'm returning to 40K after skipping 6/7th. Originally I was playing Orks but someone local was selling a bunch of Tau so now I have both!

I'm a pretty competitively minded player so hopefully I can contribute here and also learn a lot as I go.

Real first name: Josh

Age and gender: 28, Male

How did you get into wargaming?: Started with 40K in 3rd Edition with Necrons as some of my pals played.

How did you get into Tau? Started them in 4th Edition because Rail Guns were awesome. Back in now thanks to some bargain hunting. :P

What would be your second piece of advice (after "read the freakin' rules") to a new Tau player? Static gunlines don't win, vary it up.

What is your Tau colour scheme? Undecided.

How did you find this site/the old site, and how long have you been a member? From DakkaDakka.

What are the origins of your ATT username? Just my handle on everything, also I'm left-handed.

Have you reviewed the ATT Membership & Forum Rules? I have now.

Where and how often do you usually play? I play 2-3 times a week at three local stores in my area.

Do you have any other armies, for 40K or another system? I have Orks and also play Destruction in AoS.
Last edited by Gauche on Jul 10 2017 09:38, edited 1 time in total.

QimRas
Shas'Saal

Re: New to Tau and These Fine Forums

Post#2 » Jul 10 2017 09:35

Welcome to the Greater Good!

There is a template with a bunch of questions in this subforum that serves as a nice ice breaker. You may want to copy paste that in here and fill it out.

I know there are some folks over on the Rules and Cadre Building subforum discussing competitive meta and lists at the moment.

Gauche
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#3 » Jul 10 2017 09:38

Yup just noticed that. Done and done.

Is there a minimum post count to be able to start threads in other sub-forums? I assume to avoid spam, just didn't see it in any of the stickies.

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#4 » Jul 10 2017 09:39

Ah! It's someone with my avatar picture! :neutral:

Gauche wrote:Is there a minimum post count to be able to start threads in other sub-forums? I assume to avoid spam, just didn't see it in any of the stickies.

You need to wait a few days before you can post elsewhere. I think it's 48 hours. Relax, read some forums, and soak up the "atmosphere" of the forum. You'll be posting in no time!

Return to “Membership Profiles”