Snexus

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
Snexus
Shas'Saal

Snexus

Post#1 » Jul 12 2017 06:31

Hi, been lurking for a while as I tend to play my Chaos more often than Tau. I figured since I have to relearn how to play the game for 8th edition now would be a good time to start playing with the Tau I've been slowly painting over the last 6 months (very slowly as GW keep releasing lovely new chaos models).

Real first name:
Andy

Age and gender:
31, Male

How did you get into wargaming?
I was bought the 2nd edition 40k box set in the 90's but quit playing in the early 00's. Recently got back in to playing 40k as Chaos.

How did you get into Tau?
Loved the battlesuits.

What would be your second piece of advice (after "read the freakin' rules") to a new Tau player?
It would have been "I'm used to playing Chaos, don't take advice from me, my solution to any problem is to charge". But since starting 8th edition with how fall back applies to flyers and Darkstrider's abilities charging is actually working for me.

What is your Tau colour scheme?
A dull desert yellow armour with brown fatigues and dark red sept marking. Larger models have a yellow, brown, zandri dust digital camo pattern.

How did you find this site/the old site, and how long have you been a member?
Google, a few months ago, looking for rule clarifications.

What are the origins of your ATT username?
I used to use Strange Nexus but got tired of writing it out.

Have you reviewed the ATT Membership & Forum Rules?
Yes

Where and how often do you usually play?
I have a fold out table tennis table that I throw a homemade mat over. I play at least once a month but sometimes manage to get a day in every 2 weeks.

Do you have any other armies, for 40K or another system?
I have a Crimson Slaughter/ World Eaters Chaos army and some of the new Dark Imperium Death Guard Models. I've also got the last remaining models that weren't lost or thrown out from before I quit 16 years ago such as some sisters of battle, legion of the damned and IG.

What is your favourite and least favourite army to play against?
least favourite was 7th edition Necrons.

What is your best and worst 40K moment?
I had a ML drone tie up a squad of Necron Immortals for 3 turns and survive the battle.

What are some of you other interests?
Video Games, Reading, messing about with technology.
40k books such as Gaunt's Ghost's, Eisenhorn and Horus Heresy.

Return to “Membership Profiles”