1st 40k Game Ever

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
Impulse
Shas'Saal

1st 40k Game Ever

Post#1 » Jul 12 2017 10:45

Just played my first ever game of 40k and loved it. It's a 500pt league at my LGS. So naturally I have a billion questions and would like some help with lists. I hope everyone will be nice to me!

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Re: 1st 40k Game Ever

Post#2 » Jul 12 2017 10:57

Impulse wrote:Just played my first ever game of 40k and loved it. It's a 500pt league at my LGS. So naturally I have a billion questions and would like some help with lists. I hope everyone will be nice to me!

Welcome!! We'd all be happy to answer your billion questions, so please, ask away!!

Impulse
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Jul 12 2017 11:02

First, I can't figure out how to start new threads or reply to existing threads.

I have a question about Overwatch and For the Greater Good

Also, I'm allowed to tweak my 500pt list week to week and have very little idea what to do.

Shas'O Bentu'nan
Shas'Saal

Post#4 » Jul 12 2017 11:52

Welcome shas'la! Its always great to meet new commanders.

This forum locks your ability to post outside the membership profile board until after an admin clears your profile. Speaking of which there is a sticky at the top of this board that has a profile outline. Edit your first post and fill out that profile and usually within a day or so you'll be cleared.

As for your questions i sugest going to the general board and using the search function. Your question may have already been answered!

Anyway welcome aboard!
Commander wiseblade

Dark Hope
Gue'La
Gue'La

Post#5 » Jul 13 2017 01:06

Tweeking lists is largely dependent on knowing who you're going to fight. I love the Tau because of how versatile they are, so it's easily doable. Since you're new you probably don't know much about all the armies, but that will come with time. Just have fun learning and keep fighting for the greater good!
If kroot eat orks, doesn't that make them omvivores?

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#6 » Jul 13 2017 02:56

Dark Hope wrote:Tweeking lists is largely dependent on knowing who you're going to fight.

You can tweak your list if you know in advance who're you're going to fight, but some players aren't going to like you "tailoring" your army to beat them. Rather, consider making a powerful "take-all-comers" army and have the army list printed out beforehand. That way no-one can accuse you of making an army custom-built to beat them.

Impulse
Shas'Saal

Post#7 » Jul 13 2017 11:13

It's just a league for new players and we have no idea who we'll be against each week, so I'd like to make sure my bases are all covered.

However, my friend that got me in to the hobby plays orks and it felt real good to take out 17 boyz in one round of Strike Team rifle fire!

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#8 » Jul 13 2017 01:02

Hi and welcome!

Good to hear you enjoyed your first game :)

Our forum has a short lockout to stop Spammers barging in an blasting all our threads. Gives our 'bots a chance to delete them.

You should have posting rights within 48hrs. :)

Return to “Membership Profiles”