New to ATT and T'au

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
Silyen
Shas'Saal

New to ATT and T'au

Post#1 » Jul 13 2017 03:52

Hey everyone!

This is Silyen. I have been playing 40k off and on for 18 years now. I started back in 3rd with Chaos (Nurgle focus) and then moved to Kentucky where I was unable to play. In 5th I was back to a place that played 40k and got into Ravenwing (I REALLY miss this play style). In 7th I played Blood Angels and Necrons. But the nerf bat to Necrons (Well, the style that I played them) would have made me need to look into the possibility of pretty much buying a new army with Necrons. So instead, I decided to give the Tau a shot.

Looking over the rules (as I have not been able to play them as of yet), I really like the balanced feel they have. They are able to deal with any threat for a reasonable pt cost. Completely different feel from 7th it seems. Much more rounded instead of focused. Which is good to me. Hints at why I liked Necrons in 7th lol.

Anyway, I am looking forward to doing a lot of lurking and adding my two cents from time to time.

"I am not only a pacifist but a militant pacifist. I am willing to fight for peace."
--Albert Einstein.

Silyen
Shas'Saal

Re: New to ATT and T'au

Post#2 » Jul 13 2017 04:09

(I am a re-re. I should have read others posts first. I apologize for this :sad: )

Real first name: John

Age and gender:32/Male

How did you get into wargaming?
Hanging out at the FLGS in Florida back in 3rd edition.

How did you get into Tau?
I prefer a shooty style of play. I like most of the mechs. Why not?

What would be your second piece of advice (after "read the freakin' rules") to a new Tau player?
Understand the role of each model. They perform specific functions. Figure that out and you will be golden.

What is your Tau colour scheme?
Stone and dark blue: http://imgur.com/a/a4F5P // Thinking of taking the Velk'Han sept name. Only because they have no official color scheme or symbol.

How did you find this site/the old site, and how long have you been a member?
Google'd Tau tactics.

What are the origins of your ATT username?
It is a phonetic way of pronouncing Sulien. It is pronounced Sil-yen.

Have you reviewed the ATT Membership & Forum Rules?
Yes

Where and how often do you usually play?
I play at an FLGS here in Vegas every Sat. Well, not right now but I still go hang out!

Do you have any other armies, for 40K or another system?
Necrons that I am looking to sell lol.

What is your favourite and least favourite army to play against?
Imperial Knights in 7th. MC Tyranids in 7th. It's usually players that I dislike not armies.

What does/do your family/significant other/friends think about your 'funny toys'?
My g/f thinks that it is better than strip clubs, bars, etc.

What are some of you other interests? White Wolf games. Currently stuck on Titanfall 2.

Do you have any pets?
Nope

What is your favourite band?
The hardest question on here that I cannot answer. I tend to lean toward A Perfect Circle however.

SniperTau
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#3 » Jul 13 2017 05:02

Welcome!
You seem to have a different opinion to most of us on ATT as to how balanced the rules are! :D
Titanfall 2 is one of the best games at the moment in terms of gameplay. if you have seen the ghostkeel battlesuit you will see how similar it is to a titan. the first time I played titanfall 2 (last year) I had to do a double take when I saw how the pilot enters as I have a ghostkeel and it has a cockpit almost exactly like that!

Happy to see a new tau player with a fresh perspective.

Tau'va

Sniper

Silyen
Shas'Saal

Post#4 » Jul 13 2017 05:39

By balanced, I mean the way the army handles. Not power level compared to other armies lol. An answer for all threats. I like that.

Thanks for the response!

Return to “Membership Profiles”