New to the Game

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
Deltervees
Shas

New to the Game

Post#1 » Jul 13 2017 10:40

Real first name: David

How did you get into wargaming? One of my friends got into 40K and Shadow War recently, so I thought I'd give it a shot.

How did you get into Tau? I dunno, I just liked the fluff and overall aesthetic.

What would be your second piece of advice (after "read the freakin' rules") to a new Tau player?

What is your Tau colour scheme? Farsight Enclaves; I tried the scheme on the box, but white is just a pain to paint.

How did you find this site/the old site, and how long have you been a member? I found this place browsing color schemes, and I've been lurking for about two weeks.

Have you reviewed the ATT Membership & Forum Rules? Yepperino

Where and how often do you usually play? I uually play once or twice a week, at my LGS. I've only actually played SHadow War so far, though.

Do you have any other armies, for 40K or another system? I'm gonna put together an IG killteam for Shadow War one of these days.

What is your best and worst 40K moment? Best: Seeing all the cool tuff for the first time. Worst: Seeing price of said cool stuff for the first time.

What does/do your family/significant other/friends think about your 'funny toys'? My parents don't mind, at least it ain't video games, and my sister won't stop teasing me about playing dollhouse.

What are some of you other interests? Aviation, flight sims, and homework.

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Re: New to the Game

Post#2 » Jul 14 2017 03:30

I was in high school back when Tau came out, and I tried my hand at the Vior'la scheme (black, white, and red) before it became the 'box art' for Tau. It was awful painting all that white. As a beginner, I definitely suggest a darker-colored paint scheme! Good luck, an welcome to ATT!

Return to “Membership Profiles”