Return to 40k

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
GhostofNdras
Shas

Return to 40k

Post#1 » Jul 14 2017 06:49

Hi guys, as a lot of people apparently, Im returning on 40k tabletops. Im a fairly competitive player but with an eye on what models I like ( stealths, xv8, broaddys, ghostkeels ).
My army fluff is based on Ndras sept shady story .
Thats all!

Edit Is there any way to post in tactic section?

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Re: Return to 40k

Post#2 » Jul 14 2017 07:24

GhostofNdras wrote:Hi guys, as a lot of people apparently, Im returning on 40k tabletops. Im a fairly competitive player but with an eye on what models I like ( stealths, xv8, broaddys, ghostkeels ).
My army fluff is based on Ndras sept shady story .
Thats all!

Edit Is there any way to post in tactic section?

Welcome to the forum! Since you're new, you'll need to wait about 48 hours before you can post in the normal boards- bit of a spam problem so that's the anti-spam measure. Read through the Tactics and Cadre-building boards, figure out who the regular contributors are, and soak up the general feel of the community. You'll be posting in no time!

Speaking of tactics, you'll find that Broadsides might not be worth it in this edition, from a competitive standpoint. RIP mighty warrior.

GhostofNdras
Shas

Post#3 » Jul 15 2017 02:07

Oh ok some serious bot protection here lol

Personally I think while point per model killed broadside are probably worth less than commanders, their great resistance and the fact that with markers support theyre suddendly a lot stronger makes them at least viable

TauMan
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#4 » Jul 15 2017 09:45

Ghost of N'Dras Welcome to the A.T.T. Orbital!

First in the Membership Profiles is a questionnaire template, which you can copy and paste into a post. It's a great way of letting other members here know about you and your interests.

Second what a cool name - Ghost of N'Dras! and just to let you know I'm the guy that does the An Expanded Tau Lexicon 2017. So here are two possible translations of Ghost of N'dras.

1) The formal and more emphatic - H'erra N'dras
    2) Or the less formal - Erra't'N'dras

Erra or Rra in this case meaning "shadow, shade, or spirit (ghost)". If however you wanted something more spooky, there are a host of words that could be used. There are words for malevolent spirit, daemon, devil, ghoul, and "vampire". Just PM me for other possibilities.

Lastly, I've always thought of the Tau from N'dras as bit dodgy or shady. ;) The Enclaves maybe rebels, but when it comes to questionable activities, then you can't do better than N'dras. In fact I'm right now working on story about a N'dras "prospector" or "junkman". Everyone has there own back story for N'dras and I would sometime like to hear you version.

The TauMan
Viro’los gu brath!
N.Y.A.B.X.T.T.

GhostofNdras
Shas

Post#5 » Jul 15 2017 11:12

Ahah thank you ! Unfortunately the nickname is not original, its the name for the first Ghostkeel pilot group that trained there :)
Being that case, your first traduction is very correct!

I like N'Dras a lot because firstly because of their colour scheme. Reminds me of forest worlds ( the other choice was Sa'Cea but I hated their main environment ).
Also their sketchy bg leaves open a lot of possibilities ( tyranid infestation? Necrons? Experiments gone wrong ? ). Clearly someone does know what happened / is happening there though, and tries to hide it.
Also its plausible some kind of cooperation with Farsights Enclave.

TauMan
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#6 » Jul 15 2017 12:05

Ah, some of the newer fluff, must of missed it? :?

I didn't know N'dras had a colour scheme, as you can paint your army whatever colour you want.

My idea for N'dras is less mysterious, and more...um...neferious. More like non-violent piracy, racketeering and money-laundering, smuggling, and dealing in stolen goods. More like that kind of shady.

TauMan
Viro’los gu brath!
N.Y.A.B.X.T.T.

Panzer
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#7 » Jul 15 2017 12:21

GhostofNdras wrote:I like N'Dras a lot because firstly because of their colour scheme. Reminds me of forest worlds ( the other choice was Sa'Cea but I hated their main environment ).

You seem to have misunderstood something crucial there. Septs define themselves with just their Sept/rank markings. Like Sa'Cea is orange, not grey-ish blue. Vior'la is red, not white. T'au is white, not brown/yellow.
T'au are wearing armor fitting to blend in with the environment depending on where they are deployed so it's perfectly fine to play Sa'Cea with forest green armor etc. ;)

GhostofNdras
Shas

Post#8 » Jul 15 2017 02:21

N'Dras sept color is black, but their usual armour scheme is dark green as far as I know. Surely you can paint it in any colour you like, but for me blueish grey will always mean Sa'Cea, orange Tau etc.
But surely your point is valid, an army can fight in an enemy territory, and sept are made by numeorus planets - easily a moltitude of echosistems - .

Return to “Membership Profiles”