Returning Player, long time hobby

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
jmac22
Shas'Saal

Returning Player, long time hobby

Post#1 » Jul 26 2017 05:32

Real first name: Julian

Age and gender: 21, Male

How did you get into wargaming? Always been into art, transitioned into minitaures

How did you get into Tau? Love the Hi science fiction feel, and the models

What would be your second piece of advice (after "read the freakin' rules") to a new Tau player? Don't fight in close combat.

What is your Tau colour scheme? Bone with Teal/Light blue accents.

How did you find this site/the old site, and how long have you been a member? When I first started Warhammer ten+ years ago I found some inspiration photos on here.

What are the origins of your ATT username? Usual handle.

Have you reviewed the ATT Membership & Forum Rules? Yes!

Where and how often do you usually play? 5-8 times a month, Fantasy Flight Event Center, or my basement.

Do you have any other armies, for 40K or another system? Infinity I play Ariadna and Nomads/Quapu Khalki

What is your favourite and least favourite army to play against? Imperial guard/Necrons. Fun and realistic because normal humans/equipment. Boring and characterless robots/fantasy guns and nightmares.

What is your best and worst 40K moment? Hearing a whole team at Adepticon Waaagh at once. Dropping my army tray like an idiot.

What does/do your family/significant other/friends think about your 'funny toys'? She thinks it's very cool if dorky. She plays Dark Elder and loves the hobby side.

What are some of you other interests? Military Sims, gardening, traditional art, photography/chemistry, body building and boxing.

Do you have any pets? Not yet, just a lot of plants.

What is your favourite band? Xiu Xiu? I listen to a lot of different things.

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Re: Returning Player, long time hobby

Post#2 » Aug 29 2017 03:55

HI JMac :)

Thanks for signing up and getting involved in the community, my apologies for missing your hello, a crazy August doing similar work to your job title myself. Been in the industry for 20yrs now, always evolving, never boring for sure.

It is interesting, having read virtually all the profiles, a lot of tau players also enjoy Infinity.

See you about the forums!
Tael

Return to “Membership Profiles”