ULIEL

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
ULIEL
Shas

ULIEL

Post#1 » Jul 30 2017 03:40

Real first name: Shaun

Age and gender: 31, male

How did you get into wargaming? 8yrs old walking into town with my dad, saw space marines through the window of a store and he bought my my first blister pack of metal space marines.

How did you get into Tau? Deciphered the plate in the white dwarf many years ago before their released.

What would be your second piece of advice (after "read the freakin' rules") to a new Tau player? Experement with the many varied options and try units and tactics not often spoke about, read between the lines and find the synergy. Don't follow the crowd and don't use net lists.

What is your Tau colour scheme? The colour of the home of the Tau Empire and seat of power. Tau Ochre.

How did you find this site/the old site, and how long have you been a member? Stumbled across it looking for info on Tau and chatting to likeminded Tau enthusiasts.

What are the origins of your ATT username? A name i came up with years ago for tabletop.

Have you reviewed the ATT Membership & Forum Rules? I have.

Where and how often do you usually play? At least once a week at my local gaming club.

Do you have any other armies, for 40K or another system? Astra Militarum (currently)

What is your favourite and least favourite army to play against? To be honest it's less the armies and more the players. I'm not a great fan of playing hardcore tournament players who care little for the fluff and will be buy 60 warp spiders to get a win. I enjoy playing everyone else, especially new blood. They may see things in a way you do not.

What is your best and worst 40K moment? Best moment - Between an Apocalypse game i ran at WHW or attending the London GT and coming 55th out of 110th, was on table 13 at one point (my first GT, second tournament). Worse moment - Doubles event at WHW, opponent put a unit of terminators on the roof of a building, when attempting to shoot them he then told me they were in fact not on the board but were in reserve, even though they were on the board. Ref's were less then impressed with him.

What does/do your family/significant other/friends think about your 'funny toys'? Girlfriend loves the fact i have a hobby that isn't the usual bloke get drunk and watch football. Other then my mother all my family collect. Majority of my friends collect as I've either met them through the hobby or converted them to the hobby.

What are some of you other interests? Reading, commission painting, Xbox, films, kick boxing.

Do you have any pets? Rocket our cat. Total crack pot.

What is your favourite band? If I like it i listen to it.

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Re: ULIEL

Post#2 » Jul 30 2017 11:37

Welcome to ATT! Tau'va Uliel!

ULIEL wrote:Doubles event at WHW, opponent put a unit of terminators on the roof of a building, when attempting to shoot them he then told me they were in fact not on the board but were in reserve, even though they were on the board. Ref's were less then impressed with him.

Well, he sounds like a charm to play with. Any other funny stories from that game? :D

Return to “Membership Profiles”