O'Gra'Vinus

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
O'Gra'vinus
Shas

O'Gra'Vinus

Post#1 » Aug 07 2017 11:56

Hi everybody. I've been a Tau player since I got into 40K, which has been 10 years now, have seen the site for a long time but only recently decided to actually join up. Hopefully I'll be a good addition to the site and look forward to posting content and commenting on Posts.

Real first name: Christian

Age and gender: 28, Male

How did you get into wargaming? Friends got me into it back in High School

How did you get into Tau? Tau weren't represented in the local group, and I thought they looked cool :D

What would be your second piece of advice (after "read the freakin' rules") to a new Tau player? Experiment and find your own play style, net lists won't help you (really) learn your army.

What is your Tau colour scheme? Primarily Kantor blue, with Lothern blue as the sept color. Black makes up most of the rest.

How did you find this site/the old site, and how long have you been a member? Have known about the site for many years, not much for joining forums so never joined, but have recently gained interest in joining this community.

What are the origins of your ATT username? Gravinus is my usual username for things that require such, but that (somehow) wasn't available. So I prefixed an O' in there and threw in another apostrophe for good measure :P

Have you reviewed the ATT Membership & Forum Rules? yes.

Where and how often do you usually play? I either play at my house, or at a nearby town's gaming store. I play fairly frequently, I try to get in 2-4 games a month if able.

Do you have any other armies, for 40K or another system? I have a very small number of Admech that will grow when I'm finished buying for Tau. I also play X-wing and Armada, and have ships for all factions present in those games.

What is your favourite and least favourite army to play against? Favorite army to play against is Necrons, My High School buddy has them and we have a longstanding rivalry, many fun games have been had against them. Least favorite army to play against would probably be an Imperial Knight army.

What is your best and worst 40K moment? Best moment(s) would be back in 5th edition when my Tau army grew to incorporate 2 Hammerheads and they proved to be the bane of the Monolith, which previously had been the terror of the table. Worst moment(s) would definitely be all the times I rolled those nasty 1's when that's all I needed to fail.

What does/do your family/significant other/friends think about your 'funny toys'? They have a pretty "meh" attitude towards them

What are some of you're other interests? Video games, movies, being the best Dad I can be.

Do you have any pets? a Cat

What is your favourite band? Don't have one, just have a general enjoyment of most music genre's

Shas'O Bentu'nan
Shas'Saal

Re: O'Gra'Vinus

Post#2 » Aug 07 2017 12:00

I fully respect full time dads! Its a career i wish i had!

I must ask though, how old are your kids and have you introduced them to 40k? My little guy is only 9 months old but i am agonizing over when and how to show him 40k. Its a pretty extreme setting and obviously inappropriate for younger audiences. Curious if you have any insights.
Commander wiseblade

O'Gra'vinus
Shas

Post#3 » Aug 07 2017 12:50

I only have one child at the moment, a 2 year old girl. She's ran into my game room several times while I play and points at stuff, then I tell her the names of what they are and she smiles. She's beginning to remember what is what, so I guess that's the start to her miniature gaming career lol.

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#4 » Aug 07 2017 06:46

O'Gra'vinus wrote:I only have one child at the moment, a 2 year old girl. She's ran into my game room several times while I play and points at stuff, then I tell her the names of what they are and she smiles.

That's where it starts!

Return to “Membership Profiles”