New Member and Spreadsheet math

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
Aedeeg
Shas'La
Shas'La

New Member and Spreadsheet math

Post#1 » Aug 07 2017 03:20

Hi There,

I've been playing Tau since the beginning of 7th (when i started playing 40k). I've been lurking in the forums for a while but decided to join and participate in the discussions. I've made a couple spreadsheets for Commander and Crisis loadouts. I think my math is correct but it would be good if someone would point out any mistakes.

Commander Loadout:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uyqnUvXe7lEhe100SJbarufcjVA70AyKqxditlimp_s/edit?usp=sharing
(Edited to add Tau Equivalents T3,4+)

Crisis Loadout:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JOtPChlXN0-qfyQnmFP1XjzvQjySwgOMqTqbK78qqUY/edit?usp=sharing

I have gone with averages for # of shots and damage that have "D" values (D3 is averaged at 2, D6 at 4).
You can change the # of shots and Damage in the tables to see the affects it has on average wounds.
Keep in mind that these #s are Per Weapon and Per Target Model (I.E. you should set the fusion blaster to 2 damage to see the actual average wounds done to terminators, etc.)
Fusion blaster are shown damaging 5++ saves for TEQ and Knight values.

I hope to clean these up a bit and add to them (maybe make them into one workbook for all tau entries).

Any input would be great, I would like to make this a useful resource for all Tau generals.

And here's the Intro Template

Real first name: Mack

Age and gender: 27 M

How did you get into wargaming? Hobby painting and encouragement by friends who played

How did you get into Tau? Loved the aesthetic (suits!)

What would be your second piece of advice (after "read the freakin' rules") to a new Tau player? Positioning and Target Priority. 8th edition especially seems to reward good generals who can think tactically

What is your Tau colour scheme? White,Grey,Blue

How did you find this site/the old site, and how long have you been a member? Google Search and about an Hour at this point

What are the origins of your ATT username? Used it for RPGs and such since my early SWG days. Made it up and thought it sounded interesting

Have you reviewed the ATT Membership & Forum Rules? Yes

Where and how often do you usually play? Local Club and Games store 1-2 times per week

Do you have any other armies, for 40K or another system? Astra Militarum and Grey Knights

What is your favourite and least favourite army to play against? Favorite: Nids Least Favorite: Dark Angels

What is your best and worst 40K moment? Playing a tournament after only playing 1 game of 40k and coming in last place then playing the same list the next year against the tournament winner (with his same list as well) and tabling him turn 4 to win the Tournament

What does/do your family/significant other/friends think about your 'funny toys'? That it's an expensive hobby but support my decision

What are some of you other interests? Music and Cars

Do you have any pets? Two Cats

What is your favourite band? Rush

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Re: New Member and Spreadsheet math

Post#2 » Aug 29 2017 03:47

Hi and welcome!

My apologies for the delayed hello! Work has been nuts for August :D

Have you put the spreadsheets up in our rules discussion forum yet?

Look forward to more input about the forums and thank you for joining up!

- Tael.

Return to “Membership Profiles”