Yet Another New Member

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
Surestrike
Shas

Yet Another New Member

Post#1 » Aug 09 2017 06:16

Real first name: John

Age and gender: 35/M

How did you get into wargaming? Introduced to it by some sixth formers way back when playing 2nd ed.

How did you get into Tau? Became reaquainted with 40k through Shadow War and the Tau appealed to me

What would be your second piece of advice (after "read the freakin' rules") to a new Tau player? Play and build for you!! (unless you want to hit the tournament scene).

What is your Tau colour scheme? Blue/Grey with Red and orange accents

How did you find this site/the old site, and how long have you been a member? Looking for tactics for SW:A and lurking around for 3 months. Signed up today!!!

What are the origins of your ATT username? Character name from SW:A kill team

Have you reviewed the ATT Membership & Forum Rules? Naturally

Where and how often do you usually play? Local club

Do you have any other armies, for 40K or another system? No other armies but have small units/warbands for SW:A, Frostgrave WildWest Exodus. Also multiple teams for Blood bowl

What is your favourite and least favourite army to play against? No idea yet

What is your best and worst 40K moment? Recon drone taking down an Orc warboss in CC (SW:A)

What does/do your family/significant other/friends think about your 'funny toys'? She doesn't have any strong feeling one way or the other :)

What are some of you other interests? Gaming generally - Board games, Card Games, Tabletop etc.

Do you have any pets? 2 cats

What is your favorite band? Seasick Steve

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Re: Yet Another New Member

Post#2 » Aug 09 2017 09:18

Hey, you're not just "yet another new member"! I look forward to seeing your ideas on the boards & I hope you enjoy ATT!

Tau'va!

Surestrike
Shas

Post#3 » Aug 10 2017 03:06

Thank you for the welcome Arka0415!

I signed up primarily because I'm new to T'au army building so looking for guidance and also tips on conversions and painting.

At the moment I have the following for Shadow War: 1x Pathfinders set + extra Recon Drone 2 metal Rail rifles and 4 extra troops, 1x Fireblade, and 3x Stealth suits.

Then arriving shortly have 2x start collecting and 1x Coalition command.

I will be posting in the Cadre Building board as soon as I have access.

Knives
Shas'Saal

Post#4 » Aug 10 2017 06:46

Welcome to ATT.

Thanks for supporting the hobby.

Return to “Membership Profiles”