Hi! A little help?

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
Tauguy29765
Shas

Hi! A little help?

Post#1 » Aug 10 2017 08:49

Real first name: Duncan

Age and gender: 14, Male

How did you get into wargaming? I found a club at school

How did you get into Tau? I thought the idea of a young race with highly advanced technology was awesome. I also like the way they have a flaw (strange as that may sound!) :eek:

What would be your second piece of advice (after "read the freakin' rules") to a new Tau player? Just stay out of close combat if you value your warriors!

What is your Tau colour scheme? White with turquoise sept markings.

How did you find this site/the old site, and how long have you been a member? I was trying to find some advice on how to field the Start Collecting set, and I found this! I have been a member for very little time, though I have been following the hobby for a long while now.

What are the origins of your ATT username? The name answers the question really! It has been my general username for a lot of accounts, though.

Have you reviewed the ATT Membership & Forum Rules? Yes, and I find them utterly fair.

Where and how often do you usually play? I play at my school and at home, about twice a week.

Do you have any other armies, for 40K or another system? Unfortunately not, though I plan to start a Grey Knights army as a secondary force.

What is your favourite and least favourite army to play against? My favourite is Tyranids, as they barely succeed in reaching cc before getting blown to bits. My least favourite is Necrons - they just keep coming back, especially in the new rules! :evil:

What is your best and worst 40K moment? My best was receiving the Start Collecting Tau box - it really made the dream of starting a reality for me. My worst was probably suffering a crushing Turn 2 defeat against my teacher's Skitarii - and it was all down to him seizing the initiative...

What does/do your family/significant other/friends think about your 'funny toys'? My siblings are into the game as well. My family, on the other hand, does not understand how one could put so much time and effort into a game!

What are some of your other interests? I enjoy Magic: the Gathering as well as Warhammer.

Do you have any pets? I used to have a cat. Rest in Peace. :::(

What is your favourite band? Probably either Iron Maiden or As Lions. :D

Hi! I only just realized how much depth there is to this game! Could anyone recommend a list for the Start Collecting box set and what to get next?

Thanks!
Tau'va!

Bel'kro
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Re: Hi! A little help?

Post#2 » Aug 10 2017 09:15

Hello, and welcome to ATT :D

If you care to use the search function, you will find numerous in depth articles on the units at your disposal, just be sure they're referring to 8th edition!

A good starting point would be Commanders and Gun Drones.

I hope you enjoy your time here. :)
Legend says his name contained over 20 apostrophes!

Tauguy29765
Shas

Re: Hi! A little help?

Post#3 » Aug 10 2017 09:42

space pope II wrote:Hello, and welcome to ATT :D

If you care to use the search function, you will find numerous in depth articles on the units at your disposal, just be sure they're referring to 8th edition!

A good starting point would be Commanders and Gun Drones.

I hope you enjoy your time here. :)

Thanks for the advice! The Commander has been one of my favourite models for a while, and to receive advice saying I should get it is all the persuasion I need. I will be sure to get it ASAP. Thanks! :biggrin:
Tau'va!

Return to “Membership Profiles”