Bel'kro: Out with the old, in with the new!

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
Bel'kro
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Bel'kro: Out with the old, in with the new!

Post#1 » Aug 13 2017 03:42

Hello everyone! I've been away from ATT for a long time, and was formerly known as Space Pope II, but now I'm armed with a new username, I thought it might be prudent to reintroduce myself!

Real first name: Mike

How did you get into wargaming? I came across my cousin's Necrons, way way back in the mid 2000s, memories of which drew me to the giant space marine which stood atop my local Games Workshop.

How did you get Tau? Sheer dumb luck. I wasn't interested in Orks or Space Marines, I would have become a Tyranid player if not for the fact most of the cool looking models were metal at that point, and my cousin already played Necrons. In the end I picked up some XV25 stealth suits, so now the T(')au will always be my army.

What would be your second piece of advice (after "read the freakin' rules") to a new Tau player? Have fun and take the units you think are awesome

What is your Tau colour scheme? Once upon a time I had a maroon and silver Farsight Enclaves list, but that army is gone. Now, with the release of 8th edition and in need of a new army, it's looking like a nice ocean blue could be the colour of choice.

How did you find this site/the old site, and how long have you been a member? I found this website in 2008/9 while looking for Tau tactics, along with a fantastic blog by the name of Warhammer Tau (Sadly it seems to have been abandoned). I've had this account since late 2010, but I have been absent for four of those six and half years. 8th edition and a committed wargaming group have brought me back into the fold.

What are the origins of your ATT username? My new username is my irl nickname spiced up with an apostrophe, because T(')au love apostrophes.

Have you reviewed the ATT Membership & Forum Rules? Of course! Back in my day they were the Membership Primers!

Where and how often do you usually play? At the moment? I don't. That should all change in the next few months.

Do you have any other armies, for 40K or another system? Along with my old Tau I also had some Imperial guard, and I suspect I could be convinced to include a gue'vesa detachment with my new army in the fullness of time.

What is your favourite and least favourite army to play against? Since I have no recent experience, I'll say I don't really have a preference, I just enjoy the game. Although I do remember 5th edition Grey Knights being a pain...

What is your best and worst 40K moment? Worst would definitely be selling my old army. I won't be making that mistake again! Best almost certainly includes a Broadside and a very dead Land Raider. I'm still salty about the fact that Broadsides got reduced from strength 10 to strength 8. :::(

What does/do your family/significant other/friends think about your 'funny toys'? It's a bit odd, but hey, at least its not drugs.

What are some of you other interests? I absolutely love movies. Marathons all day every day! I can get quite stuck in to a few computer games. I've convinced myself I'm good enough to try writing (when I'm not avoiding it), and I'm also pretty handy when it comes to using a pencil.

Do you have any pets? At least three cats. Maybe three and a half.

What is your favourite band? I don't listen to many bands, its all about the soundtracks for me. I'm also one of those freaks who can listen to a song ad infinitum and still not hate it.

It's good to be back!
Legend says his name contained over 20 apostrophes!

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Re: Bel'kro: Out with the old, in with the new!

Post#2 » Aug 29 2017 03:41

Indeed sir, good to have you aboard 'The Orbital' again, and in new avatar etc :D

Thanks for the reintro!

Also, yes we T'au like apostophes but also Sushi and shrimp tails, lots of shrimp tails.

Bel'kro
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#3 » Aug 30 2017 04:20

Thanks for the welcome! I thought it was about time I made my own avatar. I decided I need to get the hang of digital art and this was a good chance to practice! :D
Legend says his name contained over 20 apostrophes!

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#4 » Aug 30 2017 05:28

Hah top stuff. It is good work and rocking a mohawk? Well thats just a level above :D

Return to “Membership Profiles”