Hello there. I am MikeMurdock

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
MikeMurdock
Shas'Saal

Hello there. I am MikeMurdock

Post#1 » Aug 28 2017 01:22

Real first name: Mike Murdock

Age and gender: 30 year old male

How did you get into wargaming? Mainly through Dream Pod 9's Heavy Gear , then Battletech

How did you get into Tau? They were one of two of my favorite races to play in the Dawn of War PC game. (The other is imperial guard), I did read up on the lore and enjoyed it so when I decided to take the dive into buying a 40k army I immediately went with the Tau Empire

What would be your second piece of advice (after "read the freakin' rules") to a new Tau player? I would say read each of the lore of each Sept to see which you would like or read enough of the lore to make your own.

What is your Tau colour scheme? After much playing around with army Painter I was planning to use a US Army Green for the armor, black for the clothing/ weapons, a light green for the light details, and a prussian Blue for trim details

How did you find this site/the old site, and how long have you been a member?
I found out of this site when I was looking for info how to make Gue'vesas and Crisis Battlesuit hands

What are the origins of your ATT username? Just the username I use for many forums and my steam profile.

Have you reviewed the ATT Membership & Forum Rules? Yup. I always take a look at the rules before I join

Where and how often do you usually play? Dawn of war I play when I have someone to play with as for miniature 40K I am still in progress of building up my force.

Do you have any other armies, for 40K or another system? Heavy Gear I play the Southern Republic of the Southern Leagues, Colonial Expeditionary Force, Caprice, and Northern Lights Confederacy of the Northern Leagues. Battletech I play House Steiner and Clan Wolf/Wolf in Exile. 40k however maybe in the future I plan to make a Chinese themed Guard Regiment.

What is your favourite and least favourite army to play against?
I don't have any tabletop experience to answer. for DOW though Favorite to play against is Imperial Guard since them and tau are pretty evenly match. Least favorite is Space Marines and Orks since they have heavy melee hitters that turn my poor firewarriors into paste.

What is your best and worst 40K moment?
tabletop wise I don't have any yet. DOW and Lore wise I have too much to count and I don't want to bore you with all the different moments.

What does/do your family/significant other/friends think about your 'funny toys'?
Family doesn't care since it's a fun hobby and I can get out of the house and interact with others. my friends however most are already fans of miniature games or 40k in general. My best friend plays Imperial Guard and wants to play a tau army based on the Farsight Enclave.

What are some of you other interests?
Gaming in general ( PC, Console, Tabletop, and role-playing), Building custom PCs, Drawing, and a little bit of writing(though i am still trying to master the fine art of grammar.)

Do you have any pets?
used to have a dog ,but he past away a long time ago. really wanted to have a ferret ,but maybe when I have my own place to put in a ferret cage.

What is your favourite band?
Sabaton , The Protomen, Makeup and Vanity set, and Iron Maiden to name a few

Knives
Shas'Saal

Re: Hello there. I am MikeMurdock

Post#2 » Aug 28 2017 03:50

Hi welcome to att.

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Re: Hello there. I am MikeMurdock

Post#3 » Aug 30 2017 04:03

Welcome to the forum and thanks for joining the ATT Community.

Plenty of tips about the Academy section for roasting your friend's Guard force - I seem to recall a couple of good Farsight topics too for maximising their traits.

See you on the boards!
Tael.

Return to “Membership Profiles”